Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Jeremiah 29:11 - "What If"


I woke up this morning with a song Matthew West sings called "What If" and started thinking about life. I do not want to have any regrets but in my humanness I will. The more I strive to walk in obedience to God's will the less regrets there will be. Sometimes regrets come into play through circumstances or other people. Sometimes we truly cannot change things but must allow God to change them. That is a hard thing to do but it is a must. We cannot change people's mindsets but we can love on them with God's love for them to see how life can be different. 

But last I checked, this heart inside my chest
Is still beating
Well, I guess it's not too late

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot, oh
No regrets, in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running 'til the road runs out
I'm lighting it up, right here, right now, oh
No regrets, in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs, yeah

As long as we have breath we have time to make things right with God. As long as we have breath there is hope for our future. I go back to the verses God gave me yesterday in Jeremiah 29. Verse eleven is a promise that God has plans for my life. I know that but right now I'm struggling. I don't understand why God put Rickey in my life for only a short time. But I must remember I do not have to understand. All I have to do is continue to focus on God and allow Him to heal the hurts of my heart. As the garage door went up yesterday when I returned home the first thing I saw was his chair. He loved sitting outside when he was here. I would be in the house working on the laptop and he would be outside on his phone. There were times I would go out to take him a fresh cup of coffee and he would be gone walking the neighborhood. After the things that needed accomplished were done we would go into the waterfront to walk and swing. This were our 'normal' when he was here. Sometimes we would go visit people or thrift store shopping. Many times we would drive for him to see this beautiful place. It is just amazing how many memories we made in such a short time. I am so thankful for the privilege to have him in my life. One of the things we enjoyed in Ohio was taking my Momma for drives. This picture was taken one day we went to find the sunflower fields. The Son was definitely shining down on us on our adventures! Yesterday before leaving Ohio I went to pick up a few groceries for my Momma. I had the opportunity to share God's love with the cashier who just lost her brother-in-law to COVID. I told her God was our strength. When I went to put the groceries in the car, I looked down to find the wrapper off of Rickey's ice cream cone from one of our outings with Momma. Tears came but God reminded me He is my strength. What a blessing to have that knowledge! When I walked in last night and saw his chair in the garage, once again God reminded me He is my strength. The pictures throughout the house of the two of us are precious memories. I may not understand the 'why?' but I do understand God loves me and wants to continue to be my focus. He will be my strength throughout the days ahead. When the ugly tears fall, He will be here to catch them. When I feel like I'm all alone, He is here to remind me He is always with me. When the sadness is overwhelming, He is here to love on me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with me sharing Your love with the cashier, Anna and Mike taking me to the airport, safe travels home, Chris and Bubba picking me up, flowers from June and her family, and all the cards I received! Thank You for the precious time You gave me with my Rickey! Lord, I don't understand why our time was so short but I know You have a plan. I will cling to Jeremiah 29:11 as I go through another loss. I know You have great things for my life. You gave me the word expectation for 2021 and it truly was a year where You provided greater things than I ever could expect in my humanness. I never thought I would love again after Doc left this earth and prayed for You to bring someone into my life. You did well. Thank You! I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for my focus to stay on You so I do not miss anything You have for me. I pray Your peace over so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Wanda; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. I pray Your strong presence in Tammie as she awaits the lumpectomy Friday. I also pray Your strong presence over Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue life without Rickey with us. I am thankful for his presence in the house with pictures and memories. May we all hang onto those things as we grieve. Lord, may You be exactly what Melissa and her family need today as they grieve. There are so many families grieving right now. Oh how I pray they have someone who will love on them with Your love. I pray for the Jennifer's coworker whose mother appears to be in her last days on this earth. Thank You for the lady in the airport who told me yesterday she would be praying for me! Thank You for being My Hope and Future! Amen.

No comments: