Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Psalm 88; Hebrews 12:1-3 - "When My Amy Prays"

The Lord took me to Psalm 88 during the night. As I read it in different translations I became very sad for people who are not in relationship with Him. I am sad for those who do not have His peace in the storms of life. I am reminded of a saying...

No God = No Peace

Know God = Know Peace

I am thankful for the knowledge that my Rickey was at peace with God when he took his final breath on earth. I also am thankful for the knowledge of others who know His peace in the storm they are experiencing with COVID. When I asked a friend if they were right in their heart with God as they battle this nasty stuff, they replied they think they are but wish their relationship was stronger. I believe all of us wish for our relationship to be stronger. It takes going past the wishing stage and making it happen. That takes work on our part through being in His Word, praying, spending time in His presence, surrounding ourselves with other believers, etc. God desires to be our Savior and He desires for us to love Him. He desires us to get to the end of ourselves as in Psalm 88 and allow Him to be the God He desires to be through us. The Psalmist blames God for his life but none can blame God. He gives us free choice and we must be ready for the consequences of our choices. When we make right choices, we will be blessed in abundance. When we make wrong choices, we have to face the consequences. God is a loving God but sometimes that love shows through in a 'tough love' sort of way. Sometimes it takes God allowing 'tough' things to happen to get our faith to go deeper. No one can ever fully understand life except God. He knows all. When we allow an enemy an open door into our life, God is there to protect us as we allow Him. He is always there to love on us. The last verse of Psalm 88 is one that I am determined to not happen in my life. I refuse to allow darkness to take away the light of Jesus in me. I am determined to shine brightly for Him. Sometimes my light shines through tears but it still shines. Sometimes my light may appear dim but I refuse to let it go out. I am so blessed to have so many people praying for me. I know it is the prayers of the saints getting me through these days. I was reminded yesterday of Hebrews 12:1-3. It reads in the New International Version:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneerand perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Praise His Holy Name! Woo hoo! I will continue life with perseverance as I stay focused on Him. I know He has a plan for me and I do not want to miss it. The pain and suffering my Savior had on the cross is so much greater than the pain I am and have experienced on this earth. I cannot give up but instead need to press into Him more. I pray for more people to get to this understanding in life on earth so they too can experience eternal life with our Savior. I also pray for people to pray for one another more intentionally and not give up when it seems like their prayers are not being answered. God always hears and answers our prayers. Sometimes the answer is not what we desire but it is always what is best for us. I was reminded last night of a song Rickey shared with me that Vince Gill sings called, "When My Amy Prays." Rickey told me he was so thankful for my prayers for him. He told me he could relate to this song because he had me in his life just as Vince has Amy in his life. I was so touched by this and so thankful God gave me the opportunity to make an eternal difference in his life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a 'home day' yesterday with rest, watching Christmas movies, etc! Thank You for going before me today as I 'do life'! I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be more Christ-like than ever before. I pray for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength in the day ahead. I pray for protection on the roads in this nasty rain as I go to see Marion. Lord, I praise You for Steve Curless' surgery being successful yesterday! What a blessing for him! I also praise You for the ways You loved on me yesterday when the tears started to fall. You are so, so good. Lord, there are so many hurting people. I continue to pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we seek a new normal without Rickey in our daily lives. May You be our strength in this process. I also pray for many going through 'tough' times to receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; and Little Ivy. I pray Your peace over Jennifer's coworker whose mother appears to be in her last days on this earth. Thank You for the peace Rhonda has received with her situation! Thank You for being My Savior! Amen.

No comments: