Saturday, December 18, 2021

Psalm 150 - "Come What May"

The Lord took me to Psalm 150 this morning. This was read by the chaplain in Rickey's last moments of life on this earth. It is easy to praise God when life is 'good' but not so easy when days are 'tough.' Yesterday I received a prayer request for a friend who was taken to the hospital with COVID. I prayed throughout the day for another friend having a lumpectomy and another friend hospitalized with complications from cancer treatments. I prayed for these 'tough' days for Rickey's family as they take care of business and for other families who recently lost loved ones. My day was full of praying. I felt guilty for doing more praying than praising. There are many Psalms that direct us to praise God. Praising God is something the enemy does not like. He does not like when we are going through 'tough' days and yet can praise God through them. Sometimes I am so tired of life and struggle with praising Him. Shame on me! Psalm 150 tells us our praises should be full of life. They should be joyful. What if I don't feel full of life or don't feel joyful? Yesterday I told my Momma I 'did life' the day before but was staying home. I am struggling with answering the phone, being around people, etc. Yet I know that is what I am called to do. I am thankful for friends like Sandy who tell me to 'be kind to yourself.' The day ahead is once again a day where I am 'doing life' yet I know the only way I will be successful is through God's strength. I don't know how much I will be praising Him or how joyful I will feel but I know He knows and that is all that matters. Psalm 150 reads In the VOICE translation in the second part of verse two,  Praise Him for His greatness that surpasses our time and understanding. We do not have to understand anything. All we have to do is trust Him and allow Him to love us through whatever happens. I am reminded of the words to a song We Are Messengers sings called Come What May...

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me lie down in green pastures
The Lord is my shepherd, leads me to still waters
And He restores my soul

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus

All I have to do in the day ahead is rest in the arms of Jesus. He will be glorified through me when I allow Him to be. I may not feel like praising Him but He will give me reason to praise Him as I allow Him. He is a Good God who loves me dearly. He desires what is best for me and will guide me for that to be accomplished as I walk in obedience to His will. I love verse four that reads: Praise Him with singing and dancing; praise Him with flutes and strings of all kinds! I can't play any instrument but I do love to sing and dance. Rickey was amazing in his musical abilities. God truly blessed him in the area of music. He pretty much could pick up any instrument and play it. I will never forget the day he set down at the piano in my church and played. I knew he played many instruments but did not know he played piano. Every morning he practiced for at least an hour before starting his daily schedule with students. One morning I was driving downtown and called him. I thought he would be done by then but he was still playing. He told me to hold on a moment and then started playing "How Great Thou Art" for me. My sunroof was open with the sun shining down on me. I started singing as he played and was so blessed. I felt the Son shining down on me at that moment in a special way. Wow, God! Yesterday I had another 'wow, God' moment as I walked into the house after going for a walk and heard audibly, "I'm proud of you." There was no one else in the house. I asked God if it were Him and He said, "Yes Daughter." Woo hoo! I've heard these words from three men and am thankful God put each of them in my life.

My Daddy always told me, "I'm proud of you Sheila Babe for being a fighter!"
Doc always told me, "I'm proud of you Sheila for your faith and trust in God!"
My Rickey always told me, "I'm proud of you my Sheila Girl for walking and not allowing MS to take over and for being a pastor who loves so well!"

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with me throughout these 'tough' days where I feel numb! Thank You for an encouraging report on my friend with COVID and for being with my friend Tammie as she went through a lumpectomy yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we find our new normal without Rickey on this earth! Lord, I know You will give me exactly what I need as I 'do life' today. I don't want to just get through the day but I want You to be glorified through me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray Your peace over so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Wanda; Cyndi; Melissa; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; and Little Ivy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. I pray Your strong presence for: Steve Curless with his surgery Monday; Jennifer's coworker whose mother appears to be in her last days on this earth; Billie with her foot injury; and Rhonda with her situation. Thank You Father for always being there for us and giving us reason to praise You! I praise You for all who are gaining strength every day after going through COVID. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: