Saturday, December 4, 2021

Psalm 16 - "Promises"



The Lord took me to Psalm 16 again this morning. I read it in different versions and was always taken back to verse eight. This entire Psalm shows how David found the secret to living life. He speaks of God's presence in His life and how God protected Him. His presence is where I choose to live. His presence is where I find His strength to carry on in 'tough' days. His presence is where I not only hear His voice but I walk in obedience to it. Plain and simple. The secret to a good life is found in His presence. Verse eight is where I have been living since before Doc left this earth. I choose to not live in fear but instead to allow God to work in and through me. I choose to be in relationship with Him so I can hear His voice but even more so that I desire to walk in obedience to Him. Last night at the district pastor's gathering Pastor Lucky had us take a couple moments to just listen to Him. During that time the Lord told me, "Daughter, no fear." He reminded me that He empowers me over the challenging circumstances of life. Praise His Holy Name! What a privilege to gather together with my district brothers and sisters last night! I was privileged to say the prayer before we ate and that blessed me in abundance. The whole evening was a blessing from start to finish. As Redeemed sang I thought about how I videoed them at District Assembly so Rickey could hear them. As I looked around the room I saw people who have supported me greatly over these last couple of years. Actually, they have supported me ever since we moved to the district. There are still so many I don't know but I am grateful for those I do know. I also know I need to make a greater effort to meet more of them. God put me in South Carolina for a reason and that is to be who He has called me to be. Psalm 16:8 reminds me He is right here with me to live out the calling He has put on my life. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of the song "Promises" that Maverick City sings...

Though the storms may come and the winds may blow
I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn, when You speak a word
It will come to pass

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for last night with gathering with my district brothers and sisters! Thank You for Pastor Sam who leads us so wonderfully! Thank You for Ms. Savon's hug that meant so much to me! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You flow from my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I don't know where You will take me today but I do know You are with me and for that I am grateful. Lord, last night as Pastor Lucky had us take a couple moments to be silent and listen to You I was overwhelmed by Your words. "Daughter, no fear." I strive to stand in II Timothy 1:7 every day but I will admit there are days the fear creeps in. Lord, I pray for Rickey's health to be restored. I pray today will be a better day. If that is not the report we receive, may I remember Your words last night to not fear whatever is ahead. I pray the same for Anna, Micheal, and Matt. May we know and remember You are with us at all times. You are with us in the 'good' times and in the 'tough' times. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; and Little Ivy. Lord, I pray for a physical and spiritual touch on Jeremy. I praise You for continuing to get me through these 'tough' days as I wait for You to be glorified through Rickey's health! I praise You for what You gave me yesterday with the next sermon series! You are definitely not letting me forget my calling even during these 'tough' days. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: