Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Psalm 16 - "Joy Comes In The Morning"


Once again the Lord took me to Psalm 16 and once again I read it in different translations. I asked Him if I were missing something and that was why He kept taking me back to it. His reply was, "No, Daughter. Just keep digging." Today He stopped me at verses eight and nine in The Living Bible. The more intentional I am in living in His presence the more I will not only hear His voice but desire to walk in obedience to it. Words like always are powerful. It does not mean part of the time or whenever it fits my schedule. It does not mean when I feel like it. It means 24/7 which is what I strive to do. As I live in His presence 24/7 I will receive His love and peace in abundance. He will reveal His will to me and I will be able to grasp it when He is always on my mind. As I strive to live in His presence there will be times when I fail yet He is with me. The ending of verse eight tells me those times will be few and far between as I seek a life in His presence. I absolutely love verse nine in this translation. Heart, body, and soul are filled with joy. Woo hoo! I will admit there are days where my physical body does not feel very joyful. Yesterday was one of those days. God came through with much needed rest. It made not only my physical body feel better but it also made the rest of me feel better. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of a song Baylor Wilson sings called "Joy Comes In The Morning" and am blessed in abundance. I don't know when 'morning' will come with Rickey's health but I continue to pray for it to happen. I know my God is still in the miracle business and I pray He will bless us with one. 

Feels like a lion's den, and you're right there in it
Trying just to take another breath
Picking the pieces up, takes more than a minute
But just beyond the brokenness

Joy comes in the morning
Joy comes in the morning

Though your weeping may last for the evening
And your sorrow may stay for the night (Ooh, ooh-la-la-la)
Keep your eyes up, your heart still believing
'Cause your God tells the sun when to rise
Joy comes in the morning
Joy comes in the morning


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a day of rest yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be with Rickey! May today be a day of improvement. Lord, as we wait I pray Your strength over Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself. I pray for You to love on us so greatly. Father, yesterday was filled with so many prayer requests for people who have COVID. This is one ugly thing we are dealing with in our world. May You be so real to all who are dealing with it. May Your peace come down upon not only them but their family and friends. I pray Your peace over many going through challenging days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Cyndi; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Gideon; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, I pray for a physical and spiritual touch on Jeremy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. Father, we all need You to be so real as we deal with the 'junk' of this world. Empower us to stand in our faith and to be bold in sharing You. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You will be seen/heard through me today. I pray for Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts to be mine. Thank You for going before me with all I do today! I know what is on the calendar but please do not let me miss any opportunity You put before me. I pray for a peaceful time in getting Marion to PT this afternoon. May her pain be less. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy Maker! Amen.

No comments: