Thursday, December 23, 2021

Psalm 1 - "The Hope of Christmas"


Yesterday was a 'tough' day emotionally. Nothing in particular happened but it was just a roller coaster ride with my emotions. I enjoyed coffee with my friend Sue, picked up a gift I had ordered, had a friend over to the house, and then the rest of the day just seemed to drag on. Tears fell as I thought about all of the dreams that would never happen. It helped to end the day sharing pictures and chatting with Rickey's family. I am so thankful for them. This morning God took me to Psalm1 and the very first sentence spoke volumes to me. It reads in The VoiceGod’s blessings follow you and await you at every turn... In The Passion Translation it reads, What delight comes to the one who follows God’s ways! The Psalm continues sharing the 'secret' to life is found in His Word. I love verse two in The Passion Translation. It reads, His passion is to remain true to the Word of “I AM,” meditating day and night on the true revelation of light. I love how God works through Scripture. I am gathering for the "I Am" series for January and February and this came to me this morning. As I put together the sermon for Sunday I wrote about finding the 'secret' to life and He brought this to me this morning. Woo hoo, God! The 'secret' to life is found in living out His Word. This Psalm continues that we should not follow the ways of men but stand firm in the ways of God. Verse three tells of the result of such a life. He will be standing firm like a flourishing tree planted by God’s design, deeply rooted by the brooks of bliss, bearing fruit in every season of life. He is never dry, never fainting, ever blessed, ever prosperous. Once again, woo hoo God! As I walk in obedience to Him I will realize the life He has for me. I find myself once again alone in life yet I know He is always with me. I find myself once again with deep hurt in my heart yet I know He is here to love me through this time. I find myself once again having more times of tears than laughter but I know He will restore me. He has done it before and He will do it again. I am hopeful. Yesterday I heard a song Matthew West sings called "The Hope of Christmas" and was reminded I have hope in Christ.

You're still the hope of Christmas
You're still the light when the world looks dark
You're still the hope of Christmas
And You're still the hope of my heart

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the ways You loved me through yesterday! Thank You for Scripture that reminds me You are the 'secret' to life! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude today in a mighty way. Father, thank You for soothing my soul last night with conversation and sharing pictures with Anna, Michael, and Matt. May You continue to be what we all need to get through these 'tough' days of adjusting without Rickey being with us. Lord, I know we are not alone in this time. So many have lost loved ones and so many have loved ones fighting for their lives right now. Lord, be what we all need. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Cyndi; Daniel; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Ashley's father-in-law; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Elaine Stoltzfus; Tammie; and Little Ivy. I pray Your peace over Jennifer's coworker whose mother appears to be in her last days on this earth. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: