Friday, December 10, 2021

Psaml 16:6 - "Come What May"

 

I am so thankful for the way God provides exactly what we need. Meeting a new friend and within an hour running into her again at a time when I desperately needed someone to pray with me was just one of the ways God loved on me yesterday. Psalm 16 in The Passion Translation has a section called "My Portion." He truly fulfills that every day of my life. As I read this Psalm again in many translations He stopped me at verse six. I reflected back to times where God blessed me through people and circumstances that I sometimes just can't comprehend. He loves me through others in such an intimate way. Verse six uses the phrase, I'm overwhelmed by the privileges that come from following you! Yes! I can attest to that! When I was awake during the night and then again this morning the words to "Come What May" are in my head.

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus
Come what may
Come what may

I am so thankful He is my Portion no matter what is happening in life. He loves me and protects me. He guides me and gives me wisdom. Sometimes His wisdom comes through others such as a situation I found myself in last night. Woo hoo, God!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You loved one me yesterday and the way You will do so today! Father, my Rickey needs a miracle. I am so thankful he has You to lean into during these 'tough' days. Father, put people around him today who will show Your love to him. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' situations. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Cyndi; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, I pray for a physical and spiritual touch on Jeremy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. Father, may You ooze out of me in a mighty way today. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray an abundance of Your strength throughout today not only for myself but for Anna, Michael, and Matt. Lord, thank You for being My Portion! Amen.

No comments: