Thursday, December 9, 2021

Psalm 16:8 - "Come What May"


This morning a song We Are Messengers sings is on my mind called "Come What May." These words speak volumes to me....

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus
Come what may
Come what may


Last night in Bible study we talked about how at times it seems easier to say we need to trust God than it is to actually practice it. There are situations where we question the 'whys?' of life. It is OK to question but we must keep our faith. We must allow God to be glorified through our circumstances no matter what. "Come what may..." wow, God! These words are truly putting our trust in You. If we sing this song and mean it, we must trust Him. Once again He took me to Psalm 16 this morning. Verse eight is one I need to remember. He is always with me. He goes before me. The last part is one that must stay in the forefront of my mind as I continue to pray for a miracle for Rickey. I will not live in fear or abandon my calling because He stands at my right hand. Yes! God is with us.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to love on the little ones at Robert Smalls Academy yesterday! Oh how I loved the hugs I received! Thank You for Cait, Nancy, Carol, and Paula who ministered alongside me! Thank You for our Adult Bible Study last night on Matthew 24! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your strength over Anna, Michael, Matthew, and myself as we continue this journey with Rickey. Lord, once again yesterday the prayer requests flowed in for many with COVID. I pray Your healing touch over them with Your peace. I pray the same for so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Cyndi; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, I pray for a physical and spiritual touch on Jeremy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. I praise You for good reports for Gideon and June. Lord, thank You for being My Rock! Amen.

No comments: