Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Psalm 16:8 - "We Won't Be Shaken"


The Lord took me to Psalm 16 again this morning and once again I read it in different versions. Once again, I was blessed in receiving from God what He desires me to hear. I love being in relationship with Him where I hear His voice. It is such a blessing to be in relationship with Him where I desire to walk in obedience to Him. The desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of His heart. I want to be the godly woman He has called me to be. I am blessed as He empowers me to not just get through each day but to glorify Him in the process. He is my Constant Companion and for that I am grateful. Yesterday morning as the tingling started on my face my first reaction was to pray and ask God to remove it. I feel guilty asking for such things because they are not life threatening like what others are going through. But I also know through my constant communication with Him it is important for me to voice my concerns. It is not important for Him because He already knows them. It is important for me to take my faith deeper. The Lord stopped me at verse eight in the NIV this morning. There is a word there that has great meaning and that is always. It does not say that David kept his eyes on the Lord some of the time or when he felt like it. It says he kept his eyes on the Lord always. The result of such a life is in the ending of this verse when David says I will not be shaken. When we take our eyes off of the Lord, we will lose our focus. This allows the enemy an open door into our life. We must stay focused on God so we can be empowered by His strength. The more focused we are on God, the more of His peace we will receive in the midst of the storms of life. Yesterday when the ugly tears fell I felt crushed. I felt like life was too much but after they cleansed my spirit I was ready to continue on praying for a miracle for Rickey. Throughout the day yesterday I was blessed with many who sent me messages of encouragement. I know there are many praying for us and for that I am grateful. I don't know what lies ahead but I know Who does and that is enough. I don't know if more memories will be made with us but if not I have the memories that have been made to treasure. I don't know a lot of things but I continue to pray to the One who does. I am reminded of a song Building 429 sings called "We Won't Be Shaken"...

Whatever will come our way
Through fire or pouring rain
No, we won't be shaken
No, we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken
No, we won't be shaken
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
No, we won't be shaken

Dear Jesus, Thank You for staying so close to me in these challenging days! Thank You for continuing to be with Rickey! Lord, may today's update show improvement. I continue to pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue to wait. Lord, we need a miracle. I pray for my focus to be on You so I will not be shaken as David wrote of in Psalm 16. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Father, I pray Your strength in my physical and emotional beings throughout this day. I pray You will use me and the ladies to be beacons of light with the children at Robert Smalls Academy with the Giving Project. I pray for strength for tonight with church activities. Lord, I need an abundance of You. I pray Your peace over not only us as we wait on You but also others who are going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Cyndi; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; Gideon; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, I pray for a physical and spiritual touch on Jeremy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. I pray for June today to feel You so close. Empower us all to go deeper in our faith through the trials of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant Companion! Amen.

No comments: