Sunday, December 5, 2021

Psalm 16:7-8 - "I Have This Hope"

God took me to Psalm 16 again this morning and had me settle in reading the New Living Translation. Once again He stopped me at verses seven and eight. These verses give me strength in the midst of this storm of life I am in. They encourage and remind me God is always with me. He will never leave me. He is here to guide me when I need direction on what to do. As I do as He desires, He is here to love on me through the 'tough' days of life. Yesterday when I went to the waterfront I saw dolphins playing in the water. The sun was shining down on my face as I sat in a swing with a friend and talked. I felt so loved by my Heavenly Father. I am feeling so sad with all that is transpiring. God gives me times like yesterday morning and again last night when Will and Sandy took me out for dinner and talked to show me His love is greater than anything that happens. He shows me His peace is not only possible as I lean into Him but is very real. I praise Him for the words of David in Psalm 16. I can attest to Him being with me and guiding me day and night. Throughout last night every time I woke I prayed for Rickey to be healed from this nasty stuff. I prayed for healing for him and asked God to give us more time with him. In The Message verses seven and eight read: The wise counsel God gives when I’m awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. Day and night I’ll stick with God; I’ve got a good thing going and I’m not letting go. It is imperative that we are in relationship with God where we not only here His voice but we walk in obedience to it. The desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of His heart. I am determined to hold onto God's promises through this storm as I wait for His time. I am reminded of a song Tenth Avenue North sings called "I Have This Hope"...

I have this hope
In the depth of my soul
In the flood or the fire
You're with me and You won't let go

But sometimes my faith feels thin
Like the night will never end
Will You catch every tear
Or will You just leave me here?

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love that gets me through the 'good' days and the 'tough' days! Thank You for continuing to be with Rickey through these 'tough' days! I continue to pray Your healing touch upon him. I pray for the day when we can be back to doing life together. Thank You for my friends who spent time with me yesterday! Chrissy, Will, and Sandy. Thank You for the way You continue to pour out Your love over me! Thank You for continuing to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself strength! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for Your empowerment over hippy-hippy shakes. I pray for Your words to be heard through the sermon You have given me to present. Lord, may Your peace be so real today to not just myself but to many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a teen in a volatile home situation; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are having treatments for 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; and Little Ivy. Lord, I pray for a physical and spiritual touch on Jeremy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. Father, I know this morning there are many pastors not in the pulpit due to COVID. May they sense Your strength, healing, and peace as they go through this time. I know there are many pastors who are distraught over ones in their congregation going through COVID. Once again I pray You will be exactly what they need. Lord, these are 'trying' times for many. I pray You will empower each of us to lean into You. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: