Monday, December 13, 2021

Psalm 77; Joshua 1:9 - "Come What May"


This morning God took me to Psalm 77. I believe He wants me to remember He has not left me but continues to be with me. He wants me to lean into Him as I feel so sad and alone. I know He is with me and I know He will continue to guide me. At this time I just can't see how I am to put one foot in front of the other. I cannot foresee what life is going to look like in the days to come. But I don't have to know or understand such things. All I have to do is continue to lean into God and allow Him to love me through these 'tough' days. I need to bask on the memories and not allow the enemy an open door into my life through the sadness. I need to not give up but instead need to allow God to be glorified through me. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: 

Days of trouble must be days of prayer; when God seems to have withdrawn from us, we must seek him till we find him. In the day of his trouble the psalmist did not seek for the diversion of business or amusement, but he sought God, and his favor and grace. Those that are under trouble of mind, must pray it away. He pored upon the trouble; the methods that should have relieved him did but increase his grief. When he remembered God, it was only the Divine justice and wrath. His spirit was overwhelmed, and sank under the load. But let not the remembrance of the comforts we have lost, make us unthankful for those that are left. Particularly he called to remembrance the comforts with which he supported himself in former sorrows. Here is the language of a sorrowful, deserted soul, walking in darkness; a common case even among those that fear the Lord...

I need to fill my days with more prayer and be in His Word more than ever before. The road of grief is not easy. It is a road that I have a lot of experience with yet each loss is different. It is a road people try to tell you how to function in yet God is the Only One who knows. It is a road of great loneliness yet God is always there. I am reminded of the words of Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” I am thankful I am not afraid of the future but I am a bit discouraged. I will press into Him to allow Him to take the discouragement away. I will remember the times I had with my Rickey and all of the laughter he brought into my life. I will remember his encouragement and hold it in my heart. I will remember God brought him into my life for a reason. I may not fully understand the 'whys?' of these last few months but I know God blessed me in abundance through him. For that I will be thankful. God parted the Red Sea for the Israelites many years ago when life was bleak. I believe He will part this 'Red Sea of grief' once again for me. I am reminded of the words to a song "We Are Messengers" sings called Come What May...

In every high, in every low
On mountaintops, down broken roads
You're still my rock, my hope remains
I'll rest in the arms of Jesus
Come what may

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You encourage me! Thank You for family and friends who love on me! Thank You for my time with Marlene yesterday, the cookies and candy I was able to get made for my Momma, and all of the phone calls/texts/emails from so many people! Thank You for technology that allowed me to watch the Christmas Program and thank You for Cait and all involved in presenting it! Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Father, I continue to pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we are on this journey of grief. May we find Your peace. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray Your peace over many who are going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Cyndi; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. I pray Your strong presence in Tammie as she awaits the lumpectomy Friday. I remember so well that waiting time to get the cancer out. Lord, once again I ask for You to be glorified in all I do and say today. Thank You for being My Grief Slayer! Amen.

No comments: