Thursday, December 16, 2021

Psalm 18 - "My God Is Still The Same"

The Lord woke me up with the song called "My God Is Still The Same" and an urgency to read Psalm 18. 

When did He break His promise
When did His kindness fail
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same
When did He lose His power
When did His mercy change
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same

I can attest to the words of this song being truth. My God is the same today as He was on my birthday when this picture was taken. He does not love me any less just because my Rickey is no longer with me. In fact, I believe He loves me more. He continues to be with me through these 'tough' days. He continues to put people in my path who love on me. He continues to give me His strength and wisdom. Plain and simple. He continues. He did not stop nor will He ever. I love the reminder of the words of Hebrews 5:7. It reads in the NIV: During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Jesus is my example to follow. I need to never stop praying. The key to a relationship with God is found in this verse. ...he was heard because of his reverent submission. Yes! I will do as King David in Psalm 18 and allow God to be Who He desires to be in my life. I need to lean more into Him so I do not miss anything He has for me. Matthew Henry wrote of the first part of this Psalm:

The first words, "I will love thee, O Lord, my strength," are the scope and contents of the psalm. Those that truly love God, may triumph in him as their Rock and Refuge, and may with confidence call upon him. It is good for us to observe all the circumstances of a mercy which magnify the power of God and his goodness to us in it. David was a praying man, and God was found a prayer-hearing God. If we pray as he did, we shall speed as he did. 

Yesterday was a day of napping, watching Christmas movies, etc. I took a walk at the waterfront in the morning and one in my neighborhood in the afternoon. It kind of felt like a day when my Rickey would be here. God loved me through finding Christmas gifts bought for him. He loved me through seeing shirts in his closet and toiletries in his medicine cabinet. He loved me through a trip down memory lane as I read through his texts last night before falling asleep. I got up after going to bed to check to make sure my doors were locked. His last call for the day was always asking, 'Are your doors locked, hun?' So, so many memories in such a short time. I am one blessed lady for the time God gave him to me. I also am blessed in the knowledge My God is still the same even through another loss. Praise His Holy Name! I pray He will continue to keep my focus on Him so the enemy does not have a foothold in my life through my grief. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be what Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself need during this time of adjusting to life without Rickey with us! Thank You for all of the ways I could feel Your presence through times of pain yesterday! Thank You for going before me today and keeping my focus on You! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray Your peace over so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Carrie; Little Jensen who needs a heart; many with COVID; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Serena's husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Wanda; Cyndi; Melissa; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c'...Doug and Gay; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousin; George and Sharon; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; and Little Ivy. Lord, be with Little Richie and his family as he is having issues. I pray Your strong presence in Tammie as she awaits the lumpectomy tomorrow. I pray for Jennifer's coworker whose mother appears to be in her last days on this earth. I pray Billie wakes up with her ankle healed so she can do what she needs to do today. Lord, I also pray against the exhaustion I am experiencing. It seems like even with naps and a good night's sleep I still feel so tired. Thank You for being My Rock! Amen.

No comments: