Monday, September 13, 2021

Psalm 97 - "Hold Onto Me"

Life is hard for many people right now with so many deaths happening, illnesses, turmoil in relationships, etc. I shared with my Momma yesterday I am thankful to have hope in the Lord to lean into. It made me think about so many who are living without that hope and saddened my heart. I do not know how people live without Him. A friend shared with me last night about how they were determined to stand up against the enemy in the work place and not allow him an open door. I told them I would continue to pray for their situation and thought of another friend going through 'tough' times in the work place with a coworker. The enemy will use anything and anyone to cause havoc in our lives. I believe he is using the COVID pandemic to cause havoc. He is causing separation among people and conflict in relationships in many ways. God took me to Psalm 97 this morning. In The Message it begins with these words: God rules: there’s something to shout over! The knowledge of God being in control is something to shout about! We do not have to worry about anything but instead need to rest in Him and allow Him to fight the battles on this earth. When we do, we will spend eternity with Him in heaven. Woo hoo! I shared with a friend last night that sometimes I am jealous of Doc leaving this earth. He no longer has to deal with the 'junk' of this world. Instead he is basking in the Lord's presence in heaven. Verse six in The Message tells us what is going to happen. The heavens announce that he’ll set everything right, And everyone will see it happen—glorious! It will be a glorious day when the Lord returns. But until that day comes there is work to be done. All believers need to 'step up to the plate' and share His love with all. We all need to proclaim the Good News of Christ so people can experience Him. Verse eleven in The Message describes those who follow Him. Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people, Joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil. Oh how I desire to have good heart-soil! I desire to live for Him on this earth so I can live with Him forever in heaven. Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 97:

The faithful servants of God may well rejoice and be glad, because he is glorified; and whatever tends to his honour, is his people's pleasure. Care is taken for their safety. But something more is meant than their lives. The Lord will preserve the souls of his saints from sin, from apostacy, and despair, under their greatest trials. He will deliver them out of the hands of the wicked one, and preserve them safe to his heavenly kingdom. And those that rejoice in Christ Jesus, and in his exaltation, have fountains of joy prepared for them. Those that sow in tears, shall reap in joy. Gladness is sure to the upright in heart; the joy of the hypocrite is but for a moment. Sinners tremble, but saints rejoice at God's holiness. As he hates sin, yet freely loves the person of the repentant sinner who believes in Christ, he will make a final separation between the person he loves and the sin he hates, and sanctify his people wholly, body, soul, and spirit.

Woo hoo! I love the realization that God is and will continue to sanctify me wholly as I strive to walk in obedience to His will. My goal is heaven. I am confident as I live for Him on this earth I will spend eternity with Him in heaven. I am grateful for those who lost loved ones and have the knowledge of where their loved ones are after leaving this earth. Praise His Holy Name! When times get 'tough,' we must remember to lean into the Lord. I am reminded of a song Lauren Daigle sings called "Hold Onto Me"...

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You
When I am sure I have reached the end
Hold on to me when I forget I need You
When I let go, hold me again

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You loved on me yesterday and blessed me in abundance! Thank You for giving me Your words to preach! I pray they were received in the manner You desired. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, my heart hurts for so many going through 'tough' times. So many deaths. So many illnesses. So many families in turmoil. Lord, may You be greater than the hurts of life. May people seek You and not allow the enemy an open door into their life. Our youth group has been hit hard with two grandma's passing. I pray for Cait as she ministers to them. I continue to pray for many going through 'tough' days and pray for You to be in their midst in a way they will feel Your presence today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Scott; Madeline; Norma; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Donna Hamons; Marlene's Momma; Roger and Kathy; Chrissy and her son; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another one for addiction; some young ladies dealing with anxiety; Gay and Doug; Bill Watts; many with COVID; and many others. I pray your presence over those who have lost loved ones especially the last couple of weeks. Carrie and Chris, Mike, Vicki, and so many others. Thank You for going before Ms Savon and Kaye today with their appointment. I pray for Your wisdom with an unspoken request I have for myself. Thank You for Rickey being in my life! I pray blessings over him with his students and workshops today. Thank You for being My Heart-Soil! Amen.

No comments: