Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Isaiah 40:28-31 - "Blessings"


Life is full of disappointments. Sometimes people disappoint us with their words, actions, or by not responding to us in a way we anticipate. We think about how life used to be and wish for those times back. In the midst of disappointments we must realize God is always with us. He also knows what is best for us. Perhaps we are 'disappointed' in others when it is God's way to stretch our faith. Or perhaps He has a lesson for us to learn. We must never allow a disappointment in life to give the enemy an open door. Instead we must stand firm in our faith and allow God to soothe the hurts of our heart and lead us down the path He desires us to take. In Isaiah 40 we are told when we lean into Him we will be able to soar like eagles. Sometimes when life hurts it's hard to think about such things but it is a must that we never give up. When we feel like we can't endure another hurt, we must lean into Him. When someone does something that hurts so badly, we must lean into Him. When words cut through us like a knife, we must lean into Him. Plain and simple. We must lean into Him no matter what. The words to Laura Story's song "Blessings" are on my mind this morning...

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

God knows best of what we need. What we need to do. Everything.aspect of our life. He knows what is best for us. Sometimes what is best may not seem the best in our eyes but in His eyes it is just that. When we have situations arise that we may not 'like' or we think are 'hurtful' we need to pray and ask God to reveal to us what we need to do in them. We need to seek His will in all of life and realize He knows best. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the visit with Marion! Oh Father, I pray against her pain. I pray You will be with her today and give her exactly what she needs to not just get through the day but to realize You are there with her. Thank You for time with Rickey and getting to show him a new place to walk! I was in awe as we watched the fish flying in the air at just how You created every living thing in a different way. Every aspect of Your creation is wonderful! Thank You for our time of laughing when the rain drenched us! Thank You for Joshua taking my trash! Thank You for giving me the right attitude when one was crabby with me! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Father, I pray You will ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Lord, heal the hurts of my heart when they occur. That may mean You take the hurtful things away but You may also use them to grow me. I pray that whatever Your plan is that it be revealed to me and I would walk in it. I pray for peace in trying situations not only for myself but for others. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Pete and Delores; Ofie; Scott; Cindy; Norma; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Little Ivy's Family; Carrie and Chris; many with COVID or have lost loved ones from it; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon and Mr John; a young man in rehab fo anger issues and another one for addiction; my friend whose uncle died; many families in turmoil; Roger and Kathy; some young ladies with anxiety; and so many others. I pray continued healing over Chrissy and her son, Nada, and Rick McCartney. Thank You Jesus for being My Blessing Maker! Amen.

No comments: