Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Matthew 21:21-22; II Chronicles 20 - "Battle Belongs"



I was awake a couple times during the night with a song Phil Wickam sings called "Battle Belongs" going through my mind. When I woke this morning, it is still with me. I am praying for many people who are going through horrific battles right now. Some are physical with illnesses, diseases, and injuries. Some are mental due to addiction. Some are emotional due to issues in relationships with their spouse or family members. Some are financial due to loss of job, cut hours, bad choices, etc. Some are spiritual because they won't allow God to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 

When all I see is the battle
You see my victory
When all I see is the mountain
You see a mountain moved
And as I walk through the shadow
Your love surrounds me
There's nothing to fear now
For I am safe with You

So when I fight I'll fight on my knees
With my hands lifted high
Oh God the battle belongs to You
And every fear I lay at Your feet
I'll sing through the night
Oh God the battle belongs to You

Jesus reminds us in Matthew 21:21-22 what it takes to not only get through 'tough' days but to have victory through them. It takes faith. It takes being in relationship with God so He can guide us through them. We cannot do life on our own but instead need to lean into Him. When I did research on this song, I was blessed in seeing it was released September 4, 2020. That was the day Doc took his last breath on this earth. God was with us through the sixteen months with the pancreatic cancer. I had faith He would continue to be with me. When King Jehoshaphat cried out to God in II Chronicles 20, he was told to allow God to take care of his battle. That is exactly what we need to do. I love King Jehoshaphat's story. He told God he would stay focused on Him as the army came upon them. He asked God for direction on how to handle the situation. God's response was to not be afraid but instead to allow Him to handle things. His words were: 

‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’

I love how King Jehoshaphat listened to God and the result from his obedience. He not only received victory but he was creative in his battle. He sent his worshippers to the front lines of battle instead of his army. The worshippers praised God for His love and protection. The army going against them didn't know what to do and turned against one another. God took care of King Jehoshaphat and his people then and he will take care of us today. Woo hoo! He moved the mountain before King Jehoshaphat and He will move the mountain before us too. Woo hoo! All we have to do is focus on Him and allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You blessed me over the weekend! Thank You for being with me yesterday and providing physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual strength to not just get through the day but to receive victory through it! Having the opportunity to talk to one after presenting an evangelistic sermon for the Celebration of Life was truly victory. Woo hoo! Thank You for the day ahead that has nothing on the calendar and for the rest You will provide! Thank You for the nine hours of sleep last night! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love like my church family who made yesterday go so well! I am so blessed by their hearts. Thank You for putting Rickey in my life to encourage me when I feel lonely! What a blessing he is to me. Thank You for going before others who may feel lonely or are tired of fighting battles in life! My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Scott; Tony and Madeline; many with COVID; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Little Ivy and her family; Ed with stage 4 cancer; a couple with serious marital issues and a family in turmoil; Donna, Vicki, and Mike with recent losses of spouses; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another dealing with addiction; Norma; Sharon Sebolt; one who needs protection in a hostile workplace and another who needs protection from a family member; and so many others. Lord, may Your peace be realized by all. I pray for those who heard the message yesterday to think about what they need to change in their life if they want to spend eternity with You as Roxanne is doing. Thank You Jesus for being My Mountain Mover! Amen.

No comments: