Sunday, September 19, 2021

Psalm 23:6 - "Hold Onto Me"

Yesterday was such a long but rewarding day. I thanked God in the morning for being my yesterdays, today, and tomorrows and was once again blessed by HIm. The Food Distribution blessed me in abundance. Knowing one hundred and thirty families were blessed with food was amazing. It also warmed my heart to know they all received information about our ministry. As I prayed with one young military wife and her two small children I was overwhelmed to the point of tears. When I looked out across the parking lot and saw all the ones who came to help, the tears came. As I thought about how we were fulfilling something on Doc's list the tears once again came. On the way home I was so tired and once again the tears came. When I became frustrated over losing a paper, the tears came. Goodness there were a lot of tears yesterday. I am thankful God gives me tears to cleanse me. As I look to today I know it is only going to be in God's empowerment I will make it through. Only I don't want to just make it through but I want to glorify Him throughout the day. It is a full day with Sunday School, church service, calling hours and funeral followed by a meal. I must stay focused on Him and not allow the enemy an open door. I must remember He was with me yesterday and will be with me today. I do not have to fear today nor tomorrow because God is with me. He provides exactly what I need when I need it. He gives me my tribe to encourage me. What a blessing it is to know I am not alone on this journey of life. I am reminded this morning of the words to a song Lauren Daigle sings called "Hold Onto Me"...

When I start to break in desperation
Underneath the weight of expectation
Hold on to me
Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You
When I am sure I have reached the end
Hold on to me when I forget I need You
When I let go, hold me again

Yesterday when the tears fell He was with me. When I felt like I had no physical strength left, He was with me. I am so grateful for the knowledge He is always with me. He was with me a year ago on this day with Doc's Celebration of Life service in Ohio. He is with me today with the Celebration of Life service for Roxanne. He will empower me to do whatever is ahead in this day and will love me through it. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You once again for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the 130 families who received food and information about our ministry at the Food Distribution! I was amazed at how many of them asked me if we had service every Sunday. Lord, bless our efforts. Thank You for all of the volunteers that came from Pastor Brenda's ministry and from my church! What a blessing to look out over the parking lot and see Doc's dream fulfilled! Thank You for the young man who helped me at Staple's yesterday morning! Thank You for all of the tears that fell throughout the day that cleansed my spirit! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for Rickey being there for me yesterday so many times when I needed encouraged! I am so thankful for today's technology that gives me the opportunity to make a phone call at any time. I continue to pray peace for Mike and his family with the service today. I also continue to pray peace over many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Scott; Tony and Madeline; Ms Savon; many with COVID; Gay and Doug; Little Ivy and her family; Ed with stage 4 cancer; Lee; a couple with serious marital issues; a family in turmoil; Carrie and Chris; Donna and Vicki with recent deaths of their husband; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another for addiction; Norma; Sharon Sebolt; and many others. I pray protection over one in a hostile workplace situation and another in a hostile family situation. Lord, be close to all. Thank You for my conversation with my friend David last night! He always encourages me greatly! May You bless his congregation as they continue to seek Your will. I prayed last night before going to bed, once in the night, and again this morning for pastors to lean into You. These are 'tough' days to be a pastor. We must all remember we are not alone but need to seek Your will in all we do. Thank You Jesus for being My Yesterdays, Today, and Tomorrows! Amen.

No comments: