Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Hebrews 13:15 - "House of the Lord"

I woke up with the words to Phil Wickham's song "House of the Lord" this morning and was blessed in abundance. Yesterday was a day filled with praises from start to finish. My sister tested negative for COVID, what I found in my breast is just scar tissue, my great niece's daughter who had been missing is back home, and I participated in a new Ladies Bible Study last night that was such a blessing. God is so, so good! Even though there were all of these praises throughout the day there were also deep prayer requests brought to me. A friend's husband took his last breath on this earth Monday night so yesterday was her first morning waking up without him. Rebecca's student passed from leukemia. My sister had another procedure yesterday we hope will alleviate her pain. Life is not always perfect but our God is always perfect. It may not seem like life is worthy of praises but our God is worthy of our praises. 'Tough' days will happen and we need to remember to praise Him through them just as we praise Him through 'good' days.

There's joy
In the house of the Lord
There's joy in the house of the Lord today
And we won't be quiet
We shout out
Your praise
There's joy in the house of the Lord
Our God is surely in this place
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise

The song continues with reasons as to why we should praise Him. It reminds those who have taken the step to walk in obedience to the Lord we are no longer where we used to be. We have life in Him on this earth and for eternity. Woo hoo!

We were the beggars
Now we're royalty
We were the prisoners
Now we're running free
We are forgiven, accepted
Redeemed by His grace
Let the house of the Lord sing praise

Woo hoo! I am a daughter of the King! Woo hoo! I don't need material things but I sure do love the things God blesses me with. His creation...friends and family including a man who loves me...this beautiful place I live...a call on my life to love with His love. Oh my, the list goes on and on. I have much to praise Him for! We all do. Sometimes when we are going through 'tough' days we tend to forget to praise Him. We need to remember the more we praise Him, the more our focus will be off of self and onto Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings yesterday! Mary tested negative for COVID, what I found in my breast is just scar tissue, Madeline's missing daughter is back home, and the new Ladies Bible Study last night! Thank You for all the blessings in my life! Your creation ...friends and family including a man who loves me...this beautiful place I live...a call on my life to love with Your love...oh my the list goes on and on! No matter what is ahead in this day I pray You will keep my focus on You and praises on my lips. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so my focus will be right. Lord, I pray for many going through 'tough' days to remember to find reason to praise You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Scott; Melanie; Norma; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Donna and Mike Adams; many with COVID; Donna and Vicki with the death of their husbands, Mike with the death of his wife, and Carrie and Chris with the death of her mother; a friend who had another surgery yesterday for brain cancer; the family and friends of Rebecca's student who died from leukemia; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another for addiction; several young ladies with anxiety; and so many others. Lord, may we all remember to praise You no matter what is happening in life. I pray blessings over Rickey's day. Thank You for bringing Him into my life! Thank You for being My Heavenly Father/King! Amen.

No comments: