Friday, September 17, 2021

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Scars In Heaven"

Yesterday when the song "Scars in Heaven" came on the tears fell as I sang along. Doc, my Daddy, my brother...so many people are no longer battling disease, addictions, the enemy, etc. but instead have new bodies in heaven. Physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual. I remember growing up and having a love/hate relationship with fall. It was always my favorite season with the beauty of God's creation. The leaves changing color was so miraculous to me as a little girl. But the 'hate' part of fall was knowing my Daddy was going to shed a lot of tears and be depressed. My sister was murdered the end of October. It seemed like as September drew to a close my Daddy would start reliving the horrid experience again. Many tears were shed as September drew near for me knowing it was the first anniversary of Doc taking his last breath. Many tears have fallen since. Thankfully I have good memories to associate with his death. He was at home where he wanted to be with me and Mordecei to take his last breath. He was so ready to be done with 'C' and have a new body. He didn't want to leave but he knew it was time. I knew it was time. I am so thankful for the strength and peace the Lord gave/gives me. As I watched the Ohio service for him again I was so blessed in how many lives Doc touched. I know he sure made an impact on me. I would not be a pastor today if it were not for the encouragement and mentoring he gave me. In his last days he told Pastor Sam it was my faith keeping him going. Those words bless me in abundance. I ministered to him the best way I could and am so grateful for the strength the Lord gave me to do so.

I know the road you walked was anything but easy
You picked up your share of scars along the way
Oh, but now you're standing in the sun, you've fought your fight and your race is run
The pain is all a million miles away

The only scars in heaven, they won't belong to me and you
There'll be no such thing as broken and all the old will be made new
And the thought that makes me smile now even as the tears fall down
Is that the only scars in heaven are on the hands that hold you now

The only way we can have a new body in heaven is to live for God on this earth. As I wrote the sermon for Roxanne's Celebration of Life service I was reminded of this. We are only here for a season. Some people's season is longer than others but it is always God's time. Sometimes I think God protects people who are taken early. He knows what is ahead and saves them from it. God knows what those still on this earth need and He provides. He gives us strength when we feel like we cannot carry on. He gives us wisdom with decisions. He gives us a renewal in our spirit for the days ahead. I think about what I said yesterday, "Thank You Jesus for being My Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!" This is exactly who He is in my life. He was always with me in my yesterdays. He will be with me in my today. He is preparing me for my tomorrows. Woo hoo! The only way to live is by walking in obedience to His will, knowing you are headed to eternity with Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my yesterdays, today, and tomorrows! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ways You gave me to love with Your love! Thank You for the cleansing in my spirit as the tears fell with the song "Scars In Heaven" being sung! Thank You for all of the times Rickey text/called me to encourage me! What a blessing You gave me in Him! Thank You for the testimony he had after a phone conversation with a new friend! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire to be Christ-like so people will see/hear/feel You through me. Thank You for the lunch with Colette and Marion's family! We are so blessed by this dear family. Thank You for my time with Jack and Paula! Another blessing in my day. Thank You for getting me home before dark and with little rain! I have so much to be thankful for and praise You for giving me opportunities to praise You. Lord, may others going through 'tough' times find reason to praise You today. I think of Donna as they have her husband's funeral today; and Carrie and Chris with calling hours tonight and the funeral tomorrow for her Momma; and Mike as he prepares for the service Sunday. I pray Your peace over all. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to find Your peace. I pray for Monica who is having oral surgery and Rhonda's granddaughter who is having another procedure this morning. Lord, be near to them. I pray for: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Scott; Tony and Madeline; many with COVID; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Little Ivy's family; Vicki; Ed who is dealing with stage 4 cancer; a couple with serious relationship issues and a family in turmoil; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another young man for addiction; Norma; Sharon Sebolt; and so many others. I pray protection over one in a difficult situation in their work place and another one with a family situation. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for giving Kenny and Terri safe travels and for their time with Kenneth! Lord, You are so, so good! Thank You again for being My Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrows! Amen.

No comments: