Thursday, September 9, 2021

Psalm 4:8 - "When We Fall Apart"

Being with a family when a loved one takes their last breath on this earth is bittersweet. Your heart hurts for those left behind yet rejoices for the one who has gone on. Seeing peace take over a person's face in the last moments of life is a blessing. Being there to comfort people is part of ministry that comes naturally for me. As I sat in the hospital room this morning I thought of many times when I was a Medical Chaplain of being with families in such times. I also thought about how the Ministry of Presence is so comforting in such times. After praying and comforting just being there to show God's love is enough. Praise His Holy Name. When I got in the car to come home, Ryan Stevens song "When We Fall Apart" was on the radio. We all need to realize tears are part of the grieving process. We need to realize God uses tears to heal us. He uses tears to cleanse us. 

It's ok to cry
It's ok to fall apart
You don't have to try
To be strong when you are not
And it may take sometime to make sense of all your thoughts
But don't ever fight your tears
'Cause there is freedom in every drop
Sometimes the only way to heal a broken heart is when we fall apart

God is so good to provide exactly what we need, when we need it. He is so good at loving on us in ways only He can do, 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, grace, and mercy! Thank You for being with me this morning as I loved on Mike's family with Your love! Lord, may we all remember "It's ok to cry..." in times such as this. You will use tears to comfort us as we allow You. You are right here with us in the 'good' and the 'tough' days. I am so thankful for that knowledge. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a great way. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. May You be the strength and peace needed for many today. Mike's family; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Ofie; Scott; Cindy; Norma; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Little Ivy's Family; Carrie and Chris; many with COVID or have lost loved ones from it; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon and Mr John; a young man in rehab fo anger issues and another one for addiction; my friend whose uncle died; many families in turmoil; Roger and Kathy; some young ladies with anxiety; and so many others. I pray continued healing over Chrissy and her son, Nada, and Rick McCartney. I praise You for a 'good' report from Pete and Delores! I pray for safe travels for Rickey today. Thank You for him being here these last few days! Thank You Jesus for being My Comforter! Amen.

No comments: