Monday, September 6, 2021

Psalm 16 - "Called Unto Holiness"



I said yesterday, "I love my life!" Does that mean life is without issues? Absolutely not! Issues in life bring one closer to God. Issues take our faith deeper as we realize we must depend upon Him instead of ourselves. No matter what is happening in life we need to always find something to praise Him for and allow Him to use our praises to get through such times. The last two weeks were very emotional up to the anniversary of Doc's death. The ugly tears fell many times throughout the days leading up September 4. But then after we gathered at the beach Saturday night I received such peace. It is hard to describe. I felt different than ever before. Praise His Holy Name. This morning He took me to Psalm 16 to remind me of the way He takes care of me. This Psalm seems to be written in a time when David was going through a 'tough' day yet it is not one of despair. It is one of confidence in God. There is a joy sensed by David's writing as he praised God. That is exactly what will happen when we praise God through the storms of life. We will receive joy and peace that does not make sense to anyone other than God. Our friends and family try to help us through such times but God is truly the Only One who can successfully do so. He uses people to work out His plan in our story along the way. In my case, my tribe are awesome. They loved on us before Doc left and they continue to love on me since he took his last breath on this earth. I am one blessed lady. My friend told me the other day people love me because I love them. Oh how I strive to love all with his love. I strive to be the person He has called me to be every day. I know I fail at times but I pray those times are few and far between. The desire of my heart is to make Him proud of me. I want to be like David. Confident in His love. Looking toward eternal life with Him. David saw benefits of the decision of living life for God and he realized those benefits. Peter preached in Acts 2 quoting David's words from Psalm 16. It reads in The Passion Translation:

‘I continually see the Lord in front of me.
    He’s at my right hand, and I am never shaken.
26 No wonder my heart is glad and my glory celebrates
    My mouth is filled with his praises,
    and I have hope that my body will live
27 because you will not leave my soul among the dead,
    nor will you allow your sacred one to experience decay.
28 For you have revealed to me the pathways to life,
    and seeing your face fills me with euphoria!’

David was content in his relationship with God. I desire to be the same. We all can be when we surrender everything to Him and allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Tears came to my eyes as we sang "Holiness Unto the Lord" yesterday. Oh my did I had trouble standing still. Woo hoo! 

“Holiness unto the Lord” is our watchword and song,
“Holiness unto the Lord” as we’re marching along;
Sing it, shout it, loud and long,
“Holiness unto the Lord,” now and forever.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the blessings I received from the children in Sunday School, presenting Kayla's boys their Bibles, 'kidnaping' Landon and Annabelle so Cait and Alex could have a date, hugs from Miss Lilly, and Rickey having a safe trip! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, thank You for loving me so greatly. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to feel Your love and live in Your presence. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Pete and Delores; Steve; Ben and Colleen; Ofie; Scott; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Norma; Little Lilly Risner's family; many with COVID and families who have lost loved ones to COVID; families of those in the accidents Saturday night in our area; Carrie and Chris; a friend whose uncle has cancer; some ladies dealing with anxiety; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another one for addiction; Rebecca's student and her family; Ms Savon and Mr John; Gay and Doug; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness! Amen.

No comments: