Saturday, September 11, 2021

John 3:16 - "I Will Rise"

I love to read and can easily do so for a few hours without even realizing the time has gone away. I remember as a young teen going to grandma's house and getting lost in her books. Doc used to complain when we went to the beach on vacation because I always had a bag with seven books. I am a fast reader so it was a book a day to read at the beach. He was glad when I started reading on the Kindle app so we no longer had to take a bag of books. I like to have a book going these days if I end up waiting at an appointment, need a break from life, etc. Right now I am reading a book that is fiction about a pastor and his wife. I keep thinking I am going to quit reading it because I don't like where it is going. Before going to bed I read a bit and thought about how the storyline is real life and happens every day. I don't like to hear of such things in real life and I don't like to read about them. Then I thought about why I continue to read the book. Simple. I want to read about a happy ending. Isn't that what we all want in life? Don't we all seek a 'happy ending'? The best part of living for the Lord is knowing we will have a 'happy ending'! No matter what happens on this earth as we walk in obedience to His will we will receive a 'happy ending'! We know that by reading the promises in His Word. One of the first Bible verses I memorized as a child was John 3:16. This verse reminds me of the 'happy ending' I will have when I leave this earth. Woo hoo! When I take my last breath on this earth, it will be a glorious day in heaven. It actually will not be an ending but a beginning to a new life. There will no longer be 'tough' days as on this earth. Families will no longer be in turmoil. There will be no more sickness or disease. Doubts of whether we are doing the 'right' thing will be gone. No longer will there be disappointments and pain. Instead there will be a peace beyond comprehension. The joy experienced in heaven will not be short-term or for a season but be for eternity. Woo hoo! What a great 'happy ending' to think about! I'm so ready for that day to come and I know it will in His time. Until then I need to get better at making others realize what it takes to have a 'happy ending' in their life.

There's a day that's drawing near 
When this darkness breaks to light 
And the shadows disappear 
And my faith shall be my eyes 

Jesus has overcome 
And the grave is overwhelmed 
The victory is won 
He is risen from the dead 

And I will rise when He calls my name 
No more sorrow, no more pain 
I will rise on eagles' wings 
Before my God fall on my knees 
And rise 
I will rise 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for so many opportunities to love on many yesterday! Thank You for giving me Your words in conversations and Your love to share! It was a 'busy' day but I pray I took care of Your business as You desired. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May there be no doubt in anyone's mind who sees or hears me today that You are who is in control of my life. Lord, I pray for peace in my spirit for an unspoken request. May I not allow the enemy an open door into my life through this situation. Lord, I pray Your strength for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Steve; Ben and Colleen; Ofie; Scott; Mike; Melanie; Norma; Vicki; Sharon Sebolt; Marlene's Momma; Little Ivy's Family; Carrie and Chris; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another one for addiction; some young ladies with anxiety; and so many others. I pray for continued healing for: Dan; Pete and Delores; Mike and Donna; Chrissy and her son; Rick McCartney; Roger and Kathy; and Bill Watts. I pray for Rickey to have a productive day today. I get so spoiled when we do life together for a few days and so miss being with him. Thank You Jesus for being My Happy Ending! Amen.

No comments: