Saturday, September 25, 2021

Matthew 6:10 - "Jesus I Believe"

As I drove from Orrville to Willard yesterday a lot of memories came flowing into my mind. I thought about the days I would drive home after working all day at Smucker's. Those were some crazy times in life. As I look back on it I don't know how I did it. Driving past the hospital brought back a lot of memories of when I was a Medical Chaplain and by McDonald's of the times Mordecei would stop and lay down on the sidewalk wanting French fries. So, so many memories from the fifteen years we lived there. God truly blessed us in those years. Today He is blessing me with giving me the privilege AKA 'opportunity' to officiate the wedding of Allison and Jose. I remember receiving the 'save the date' card and wishing I could be at the wedding but thinking there wasn't any possible way. I am thankful it worked out even though I wish it wasn't under these circumstances with Pastor James being sick. I woke up this morning with a song Big Daddy Weave sings called "Jesus I Believe" going through my head. 

I need to hear You now
I need to know it's You
I'm standing on Your promises
I know Your Word is true
You're bigger than what I see
It's You in exchange for me
'Cause even the impossible can be reality
Jesus I believe

I love living for the Lord. I love knowing He is always there for me. He will direct me as I allow Him. Woo hoo! I love the part of this song that is part of the Lord's prayer.

So let Your kingdom come
And let Your will be done
Here on the earth
Just like it is in heaven

These words are how I strive to live my life. With His will being accomplished through my life. As I live in this manner on this earth I am confident I will live with Him for eternity.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to be here to officiant Allison and Jose's ceremony! Thank You for the memories You brought back to me last night as I drove into town! Thank You for Bill and Marlene's hospitality last night and for my visit with Sharon Foor! Thank You for loving me so greatly and showering me in so many ways! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May people hear/see You instead of me. Father, I pray for peace over the day ahead not just for me but for many. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; the Edwards family with Randy and Vicki's deaths; many with COVID; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Carrie and Chris; Donna and Mike with recent loss of spouse; Norma; Sharon Sebolt; Stacy as she recuperates from surgery; some young ladies with anxiety; Ed with stage four cancer; a man in rehab for anger issues and another who was just released with addiction issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace and another who needs protection from a family member; and so many others. Thank You for calming the hurts of our hearts! Thank You for being My Will! Amen.

No comments: