Friday, September 10, 2021

Jeremiah 29:11 - "What If"

It doesn't matter how much you try to rest when having a 'tough' day there is still a struggle. Life is so full of 'bad news' that is is overwhelming at times. But we must always remember when we live in relationship with the Lord we have hope. We have the goal of eternal life with Him to keep in sight. The 'junk' may continue coming but He is greater than any of it. We can look around at His creation and remember His promises. He gives us music and Scripture to encourage us. He brings people into our lives to encourage us. He brings memories into our mind to encourage us. What a blessed God we have! This picture was one I took on one of the car rides I took Grammy on after we moved here. What a special day we had with making memories. I am so thankful for the time God gave me with her. Even though it was a short time she was a special part of my life. She used to say, 'you and I have kindred spirits.' I know she prayed for me often and I could feel those prayers. I will never forget taking Mr. Fran to her house for a Fourth of July meal one year. Doc was not feeling up to having them here so we improvised with me cooking everything and picking Mr Fran up and going to her. I loved sitting there listening to the two of them reminisce over days gone by. It was a great loss to lose them both within weeks of Doc. Sometimes we wonder the 'why?' but we never have to wonder who is in control. Right now my prayer list is so long with so many situations that seem overwhelming in so many people's lives. Deaths, illnesses,  addiction, family turmoil, new diagnosis of C...the list goes on and on. But God is greater than all of these situations. He is greater than anything that comes our way. We must remember that. We must not only grasp the knowledge of Him but must embrace Him through the 'good' and the 'bad' days. No matter what is happening in life He is there to not just get us through but to encourage us to glorify Him through it. I am reminded of a song Matthew West sings called "What If"...

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running till the road runs out
I'm lighting it up right here right now
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs, yeah

I have a choice to make. I can either allow the enemy an open door into my life or lean into God. We all have this choice. I don't want to look back at the end of the day and see where I missed opportunities to love with His love. Instead I want to live in Him so I not only hear His voice but I desire to walk in obedience to Him. Life can cause distractions but the best life to live is focused on Him. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You loved me through a 'tough' day yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be with Mike and his family as they have a new life without Roxanne! Thank You for getting to see Martha and Kandi yesterday and for Rickey having a safe trip home! I so appreciated his visit. Lord, You know what is on the calendar today but You also know what I need to do that I may not be aware of. Please keep my focus on You so I do not miss anything You have for me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. May You be greater than the hurts of life for many who are having 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Ofie; Scott; Cindy; Norma; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Little Ivy's Family; Carrie and Chris; many with COVID or have lost loved ones from it; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; many families in turmoil; some young ladies with anxiety; and so many others. I praise You for doctors who have wisdom to use medicine and technology. Mr John, Chrissy and her son, Rick McCartney, and I pray continued healing over Bill Watts, Roger and Kathy, and Pete and Delores. I praise You for the way You are using doctors and facilities with a young man in rehab for anger issues and another with addiction. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: