Sunday, September 5, 2021

Psalm 29 - "Goodness of God"

 

Wow, God! You are so wonderful with the way You love on me! Last night as we gathered on the beach and celebrated Doc's life was not what I expected. I drove myself because I anticipated crying all the way home but that was not the case. The tears came throughout the time there but afterward I had such peace. The sky was beautiful, the weather was wonderful with a breeze, watching the dolphins play in the water was the 'icing on the cake' for the evening. I left feeling like a new person. I can't even describe my feelings but I am thankful for the peace You give me. I am thankful for my 'tribe' who came out last night and for the memories that were shared. I know I can always call or text any of them if/when I need something. That knowledge makes me feel so loved. Someone said last night how much Doc would have enjoyed the evening. I agree. He did not like crowds so Coffin Point was the perfect beach to go to for him. In his last few weeks when his strength was faltering it was easier for him to get out onto the beach there. It also was a place he would have me drive him to when he couldn't get out of the truck. I am so thankful for the beauty of God's creation that we have. I was soothed  as I listened to the waves last night and thought about how good God is to all creation. He provides in ways we cannot even begin to imagine. I did not realize I needed last night until after I experienced it. I pray others received what they needed too. This morning I am reminded of these words to "Goodness of God"...

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

God has been so faithful in my life and I know He will continue to do so. He is faithful in encouraging me to be the godly woman He has called me to be. He encourages me to not only hear His voice but to walk in obedience to it. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 29:

Exhortation to give glory to God. The mighty and honourable of the earth are especially bound to honour and worship him; but, alas, few attempt to worship him in the beauty of holiness. When we come before him as the Redeemer of sinners, in repentance faith, and love, he will accept our defective services, pardon the sin that cleaves to them, and approve of that measure of holiness which the Holy Spirit enables us to exercise. 

Yes! We are created to praise and worship God with all of our being. As the song goes, From the moment that I wake up...Until I lay my head... That is exactly what I strive to do. I do not want to just praise Him when life is going good. I do not want to just praise Him when I feel like it. I want to praise Him at all time through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Woo hoo! I have much to praise Him for and I pray for more people to realize they do too.

Dear Jesus, Thank You seems so inadequate for the way I feel! You are such a Good Daddy. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May people hear/see You today through me. Lord, last night before going to sleep, again in the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors. I prayed especially for those dealing with COVID in themselves and/or their families to receive Your healing touch. These are difficult times for pastors with the constraints of COVID but You are there to love us through such times. Thank You Jesus! Thank You for Rickey calling and texting throughout the day yesterday to encourage me! I am one blessed lady to have him in my life. Thank You for all of my tribe who came out last night to celebrate Doc once again! Thank You for the way You use people, Scripture, and music to encourage me! Lord, I pray for those going through difficult days to realize when we focus on You, our troubles are seen in a different way. May the hurts of life be lessened through seeking more of You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Ofie; Scott; Steve; Melanie; Norma; Sharon Sebolt; some young ladies dealing with anxiety; many with COVID; Vicki and her family with Randy's death; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another one hospitalized for addiction; those involved in a car accident last night; a friend whose uncle is battling cancer; Little Ivy's family; Carrie and Chris; Rebecca's student and her family; Ms Savon and Mr John; Gay and Doug; Nada; and so many others. Lord, thank You for being My Kiss of Peace! Amen.

No comments: