Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Hebrews 13 - "Same God"

Yesterday as I rested I started thinking about how God loves me when I'm 'doing' and He loves me when I'm resting. He loves me when I am loving on others with His love and He loves me when I am taking care of myself. No matter what is happening in life He loves me. That is pretty exciting to think about. There are people in our lives who only 'love us' when we are doing something for them. God is not like that. He loves us no matter what. It seemed like every time I woke up from a nap yesterday a song Hannah Kerr sings was going through my head. When I was awake during the night it was there. What a blessing!

You're the same God
You're with me in the middle of it all, God
You're catching every tear as it falls
I know You'll never change
Even when I'm feeling far away
You love me the same, God
You love me the same, God
You love me the same, God
You love me the same

I was thinking yesterday about how much God loves me. He blesses me in abundance by loving on me. He guides me with His love and directs me to stay on the right path in life. When I miss an opportunity He puts before me, He still loves me. When I misspeak, He still loves me. When it takes me a while to get something He is trying to get me to realize, He still loves me. I read about this song...

“Same God” has a clear message. “This song, that came out of a Zoom call, is a cry from a heart that is broken, a person who doesn’t have it all together, a Christian who still has doubts and fears,” said Kerr. “But most importantly, this song is about God, who loves us and reminds us of the truth when we need it the most. He’s the same God, and He loves us no matter what!”

When we are out in God's creation, we see Him in some spectacular ways. Up north the leaves will be changing soon into great beauty. Soon after up north the snow will fall and blanket the earth in its beauty. Even though we don't have such season changes it still will become cooler and more enjoyable to be outside in His creation. No matter what the temperature God is there creating beauty in His creation. I remember being in the stage of life where I was too busy to enjoy the beauty of His creation. I missed so much due to busyness. My heart breaks to see/hear families so busy with parents work, kids sports, etc. that they miss out on much of what God has for them. God took me to Hebrews 13 this morning. I read it in different translations and settled into The Passion Translation. This chapter gives all kinds of advice as to how to live. We are to love one another, show compassion for those who are going through 'tough' days, be faithful in our relationships, etc. The beginning of verse five is one I think to be a great reminder when working so hard to acquire things. Don't be obsessed with money but live content with what you have, for you always have God's presence. Praise God for this knowledge! Verse eight tells us why to live in this manner. God does not change. He does not walk away from us when life becomes too busy but instead is right there loving on us so we will get back on track doing His business.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a day of rest yesterday that restored my body! Thank You for giving me this song and Scripture to encourage me! It makes me think of the old saying to 'stop and smell the roses'! We miss out on so much of life due to busyness. Lord, help us all to stay focused on You so we do not miss any opportunity You put before us to experience Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May my focus not waiver from You today. May I do Your business and not become too busy to miss what You have in store for me. Lord, I pray for so many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; the Pottenger Family; the Edwards family with Randy and Vicki's deaths; many with COVID; Little Ivy's family; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Carrie and Chris; Donna and Mike with recent loss of spouse; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt; Stacy as she recuperates from surgery; some young ladies with anxiety; Rachel and Bill Watts; Ed with stage four cancer; a man in rehab for anger issues and another just released with addiction issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; four year old Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Joan who is going through testing for her stroke; Jeremy who is regaining strength; Ashley who is going through testing; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for the fun time Rickey had last night playing at a church function! Thank You for the laughs You gave me through phone conversations with him and his friends last night! You bless me in abundance through him. Thank You for the strength You will provide me today as I go about doing Your business! Thank You for being My Anointed One! Amen.

No comments: