Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Psalm 10 - "Jesus I Believe"


The Lord took me to Psalm 10 this morning. I read it in different versions and He brought to my mind so many people going through 'tough' days. Some are leaning into the Lord and others are allowing the enemy open doors into their life. The words to Big Daddy Weave's song "Jesus I Believe" came to my mind.

I need to hear You now
I need to know it's You
I'm standing on Your promises
I know Your Word is true
You're bigger than what I see
It's You in exchange for me
'Cause even the impossible can be reality
Jesus I believe


The mountains before us can be overwhelming. People's words against us can cut deeply. The bills piling up can make us feel like we are drowning. All of the 'junk' of the world can be what breaks us or what takes our faith stronger. We have a choice to make. We can either allow God to be our focus or we can flounder around in life. We must remember God does not leave us but is always there for us. He is not the One who is far off but instead it is us who have allowed circumstances to make us feel as such. My heart hurts for so many but I am so proud of those going through 'tough' days and leaning into God. I am proud of those who refuse to give the enemy an open door. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with meeting with Beth and Darrell and the blessings ahead in this day! Thank You for my Ladies Bible Study last night that encouraged me greatly to continue to be who You have called me to me! What a blessing You have given me in this group! Thank You for blessing me with Rickey in my life! I pray blessings over his life. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way! May people see/hear You instead of me. Father, I continue to pray for so many going through 'tough' days to stay focused on You. When words spoken over them cut their heart, may You be there to soothe. When the mountains in life are overwhelming, may You be the strength needed. When there is more out-going than incoming with finances, may You give Your wisdom. Lord be greater than the hurts of life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; the Pottenger Family; the Edwards family with Randy and Vicki's deaths; many with COVID; Little Ivy's family; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Carrie and Chris; Donna and Mike with recent loss of spouse; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; Stacy as she recuperates from surgery; some young ladies with anxiety; Rachel and Bill Watts; Ed with stage 4 cancer; a man in rehab for anger issues and another just released with addiction issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; four year old Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Joan who is going through testing for her stroke; Jeremy who is regaining strength from COVID; Ashley who is going through cancer testing; a friend's niece undergoing radiation for stage 1 breast cancer; and so many others. Thank You for being My Reality! Amen.

No comments: