Monday, September 27, 2021

Psalm 7 = "Rescue"


God took me to Psalm 7 this morning and I immediately started thinking of some situations I am praying for. These situations include people who are being slandered by people they thought were their friends and some are even being slandered by their own family members. My heart breaks for such situations. I think of that saying 'hurting people hurt people' and can truly say it is true. I see people hurting others only because they are hurting themselves. What a shame to see the enemy get a hold of people like he is doing. It hurts to see people pull others into their 'junk' just to make themselves feel better. Prayers is what I can do to help them. God is the Only One who can vindicate them. Psalm 7 is a lament David wrote when Cush was telling lies about him. David cried out to God for help. That is what we need to do in such situations. We need to cry out to God when we feel attacked. David felt like he was being attacked verbally just as an attack would be physically from a lion. The attack caused deep cuts just as a physical attack would do. It caused anguish and deep emotions just as a physical attack. David did as we all need to do when presented with words against us. We need to ask ourselves if we are guilty in any way. If so, we need God to reveal that to us and ask for forgiveness. David is confident (vs 7-13) God will take care of the situation he is in. We can have that same confidence no matter what we face in life. David ends this Psalm in praise. We need to remember no matter what the outcome God should be praised! The outcome we desire may be different than what God desires. It may not come in the timing we desire but we must always remember two things. God knows best and God needs praised no matter what. We also need to remember we are not in this life alone. God is there for us for the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. I am reminded of a song Lauren Daigle sings called "Rescue"...

I hear the whisper underneath your breath
I hear you whisper you have nothing left

I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
And I will never stop marching
To reach you in the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Psalm 7 and this song which remind me to pray for so many being attacked by others! Thank You for the comfort You give in such situations! Thank You for going before these ones today and empowering them to be who You have called them to be! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for the eleven hours of sleep last night! Oh how I pray for restoration in my body today as I rest. Thank You for my brother getting home safely from his trip to Ohio! Thank You for being with many going through 'tough' days! May they experience Your empowerment in a mighty way today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; the Edwards family with Randy and Vicki's deaths; many with COVID; Gay and Doug; Ms Savon; Carrie and Chris; Donna and Mike with recent loss of spouse; Norma; Sharon Sebolt; Stacy as she recuperates from surgery; some young ladies with anxiety; Rachel and Bill Watts; Ed with stage four cancer; a man in rehab for anger issues and another who was just released with addiction issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Vindicator! Amen.

No comments: