Sunday, March 31, 2019

Nehemiah 8:10b - "Stand In Your Love"

Saturday nights...God always wakes me during the night to pray for pastors. Last night was no different. He had me praying for continued strength for Pastor Sylvia along for strength for Scott with the loss of his father-in-law and Junior with the loss of a brother and sister-in-law. Then He had me concentrate on praying for my fellow pastors in this Ministry Assessment Workshop. He had me pray specifically for those who are anxious about getting up in front of the whole group today to speak. It was no coincidence He gave me these words this morning...

My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love

We have nothing to fear when we stand in the love of our Lord. He is greater than any fear the enemy tries to put upon us. He is greater than the fear of not being good enough. His greater than the fear of doing or saying the wrong thing. He is greater than people's words that put me down. He is greater than the thoughts of 'I can't do this.' Plain and simple. He is greater. Praise His Holy Name! Yesterday was a tough day emotionally, mentally, and physically but the day filled my spiritual tank up to overflowing. I go back to Nehemiah's words that describe how I am feeling this morning...


Last night as Dr. Green was speaking about Peter my mind went back to our trip to Israel. This picture was taken outside the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem. That trip was special in so many ways. Walking where Jesus walked was breath taking. Seeing things such as the Garden of Gethsemane was a privilege I wish more people would have. Standing beside the  Sea of Galilee and having the Lord speak to me about my worth was the 'icing on the cake' of the trip. Last night those memories made me feel warm and fuzzy. My call to be a shepherd was reiterated last night. I have always wondered how me being an ordained elder was going to work with Doc being the one to preach. In one of our handouts it showed four quadrants of characteristics of pastors. One shared how they have four 'lead' pastors with each one falling into a different quadrant. God opened my eyes to Doc falls into one quadrant and I fall into another. We complement one another and God is, and will, use us together. I still feel the call to preach but it does not necessarily mean I am being called to be 'the' preacher. God will open doors of opportunity for me to preach but most importantly I need to walk through the doors of shepherding people. The first way I can do that is by setting a godly example on how to live a life pleasing to Him. I know I will strive harder in doing that today and in the days ahead. He has renewed my commitment to be who He has called me to be. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for renewing my call! Thank You for 'clearing my vision' as Dr. Green spoke of last night. Thank You for the way You are working in my life. Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be greater than anything that comes before me and tries to instill fear into me. Once again I pray for pastors who will be in the pulpit this morning, especially those doing pulpit supply such as Pastor Brenda at our church. May You be greater than anything that comes their way. I also pray for pastors who fear has come down upon to realize Your joy is their strength. Thank You for being My Shepherd! Amen.

No comments: