Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Psalm 46:10; I Corinthians 10:13 - "Battles"



Yesterday was a day of emotions. As hard as I tried and prayed, it seemed like fear still got in prior to my oncologist appointment. I thought about how when I went for my mammogram I was at peace so it didn't make sense I was fearful going in for the follow-up. My blood work I recently had was also good so it just did not make sense. As I drove to the appointment, I asked God to calm my spirit and He did. As I waited in the waiting room, I once again started getting anxious, prayed, and He calmed me. From then on I was at peace. I am not sure why I went through the time of fear but I do know He was with me and that is all that matters. I will never understand how people get through such things without God. I am in communication with Him continually throughout the day. If I did not have that assurance, I would go crazy. Yesterday as I was struggling with fear the Lord reminded me of the words in Psalm 46 where we are told to "Be still, and know that I am God..." As I told our congregation Sunday, being still is not something any of us are use to doing. Our lives are very fast paced and hectic. But if we are not still before God, we will miss out so much. We will miss blessings, opportunities to love on others, walking in His will...all kinds of things. Yesterday if I would not have stopped and prayed for peace, I would have fallen apart emotionally. Instead He gave me the strength to face the situation. Yesterday morning He began my day with "Confidence" and throughout the day gave me "Battles" to sing. Both of these reminded me 'C' is a giant in my life. I thought MS was the biggest giant I would ever face but I was wrong. They are similar in they can show their ugly heads at any time but they are different in that 'C' makes you think of dying. I'm ready to go to heaven but I do not want my family to see me suffer in the process. Is 'C' bigger than God? Absolutely not! Will 'C' return into my life? I don't know but I do know God will be my Strength if it does. Why was I 'blessed' with MS and 'C'? I don't know but I do know Paul told us in I Corinthians 10:13 that He will not let us "be tempted beyond what you can bear." When we are faced with adversity, there is always the temptation to give into actions not of God. We are tempted to go deep into a pity party instead of filling our days with His Word and praying. We are tempted to get mad which is not a sin but the anger that goes with it can become a sin. Temptation can be a part of life when there is adversity in our lives but it does not have to be. We can stand in faith as we trust God to be who He desires to be in and through us. This can only happen when we are willing to 'be still' before Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the peace You put inside me yesterday! Thank You for the joy You filled me with at the appointment! Thank You for the way You empowered me to knock my giant down! Thank You for cleansing me today so You can fill me with more of You! Thank You for the opportunities for Your love to ooze out of me today so people will desire to be in relationship with You! Father, go before me and keep my eyes open for people You desire me to talk to. I pray for Mr. Fran who is having his procedure today to feel Your presence in a mighty way. I also pray for Kevin as he prepares for his uncle's funeral. Lord, may You empower all of us through difficult days to draw nearer to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness. Amen.

 

1 comment:

Aritha said...

Thanks for sharing something out your life. It is good for me to read it.