Saturday, March 16, 2019

Psalm 118:24 - "Today Is The Day"


I woke up to the words of a song Lincoln Brewster sings that is based on Psalm 118:24. These lyrics were going through my mind...

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it

And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm giving You my fears and sorrows
Where You lead me I will follow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day

Yes! This is the best way to live! Trusting God with all our todays and tomorrows. We do not have to worry over anything. All we have to do is trust Him. He already knows the outcome of every situation. He knows what will happen as we live out our days. He has the desire in His heart for us to walk in Him but He gives us freedom will so we can either choose His way or allow the enemy to have his way. We must stand strong in our faith so the enemy does not get his way. We must continue to lean into God so we can depend upon His strength when the enemy comes knocking. Sometimes it takes a lot to stand up against the enemy. He fights dirty and hard. There are times when he doesn't get his way in us doing one thing so he moves to another. He does not give up easily. That is why we have to stay prayed up, living in relationship with God, trusting Him and leaning into His strength at all time. God loves us so greatly and does not want to see us take the road the enemy desires. Instead He wants us to be strong in Him. The enemy does not like when we do this. Neither does he like when we give God the glory or rejoice. He wants us to walk around with a frown on our face. He desires us to tear others down through our hurts instead of building others up and encouraging them. The enemy's greatest days are when he gets into the lives of God's people. We must have our full armor on so we can stand up against the enemy. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for your love, mercy, and grace. Most of all thank You for the strength You provide to stand against the enemy. Thank You for the strength You will provide for the day ahead. Thank You for the way You will cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me today. Bless me Father. I pray for those who have lost loved ones this week to find strength in You. They may not be feeling like rejoicing today but may they find something to rejoice about in their circumstances. Thank You Jesus for being You I Rejoice. Amen.

No comments: