Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Romans 5:8 - "Till I Found You"


I woke in the middle of the night after having a dream that was so real. There was a teen girl who is not living for the Lord who was in a building where the roof fell in. When the fireman dug her out, he carried her to the pool and jumped in. I thought about how people who are living out of relationship with the Lord many times feel like life is becoming too heavy to deal with yet they continue to live in the same ways. They feel like they cannot take one more thing yet the enemy convinces them they will be OK. The only way it will be 'OK' is for them to be in relationship with the Lord. It does not mean life will be perfect but instead it means life will be easier with the Lord's strength. As I thought about the fireman and pool, I see how the 'fireman' is Jesus because He saves us. The pool is an example of showing Him we are ready to allow Him to be our Savior as we are baptized by water. I started praying for this teen and the Lord took me to pray for more young people who need to allow Him into their lives. There are so many living in blatant sin. It seems like every time I get on Facebook I see another unmarried pregnancy, couple living together without being married, social drinking which many times leads to alcoholism, drug addiction tearing up families, prodigals who have turned away from God and their families...the list goes on and on. My heart hurts for so many people who are headed to hell for eternity. I am not being judgmental by any means. The Scripture tells us if we are not in relationship with God we cannot spend eternity with Him. It really hurts to know I had a chance to influence many young people who have chosen to not walk with the Lord. Where did I go wrong? What could I have said or done differently to make a difference? Did I not show His love enough? I could beat myself up for their decisions but I must remember that He gives us free choice. We cannot force people to do things nor are we responsible for them. We, as believers, are responsible for spreading the Gospel. We are responsible for loving with His love. There is a song Phil Wickham sings called "Till I Found You" that goes...

I searched through the Earth for something that could satisfy
A peace for the hurt I had buried deep inside
Knees on the floor, I finally found everything I needed
You lifted my soul and opened up my eyes

This is what happens when people get to the end of themselves and allow Jesus to be their Savior. He will heal the hurts, strengthen the soul, and guide down the path that leads to eternity with Him. It seems like the step to Him can be so hard for many to take. There is so much peer pressure to not be a believer. That is one of the reasons it is so important for believers to encourage people by spending time with them, talking with them, etc. The ways of the world can look so much better than the ways of a believer unless people see and hear about how life is when one depends upon God. People need to hear our testimony of how we found Jesus. They need to hear how He loves us even before we accept Him. He loves us just the way we are. We do not have to be 'perfect' to receive His love. Romans 5 tells us of God's love through Him sending Jesus to die for us. Jesus did not have to die on the cross but He chose to walk in obedience to His Heavenly Father. We, as believers, need to choose to walk in obedience to Our Heavenly Father.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me up after this dream to pray for so many who are not walking with You. Thank You for giving me specific people to pray for. Father, I pray for the young girls who are unwed and pregnant or had babies to have someone in their life who will show Your love to them. I pray for the ones looking to drugs and/or alcohol for relief from life to find You instead. I pray for the prodigals to return back to You. Lord, my heart is so heavy this morning as I go over my prayer list. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be You to others in a new, different way. Thank You Jesus for being My Fireman! Amen.

No comments: