Thursday, March 14, 2019

Psalm 7; Isaiah 54:17 - "Confidence"

One of the times I woke during the night the thought to read Psalm 7 came to my mind. I was so tired and before I could ask God if I needed to get up and read it I fell back to sleep. The first thing I did this morning was to read it. As I read it I thought of the verse that tells us something about how 'no weapon can be formed against us.' I could not remember exactly how it went so I looked it up. It comes from Isaiah 54:17. In the New King James Version it reads, "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the Lord." It was interesting how the writer used the word 'you' in the beginning of the verse as is people but then he speaks of it in "You shall condemn" as in the Lord because it has a capital Y. So many times I read Scripture and miss things like this. It confuses me then because I am not understanding the Scripture correctly. In the King James Version it uses 'thou' and 'thee' which makes it clearer when reading. Another aspect to reading Scripture is knowing who is speaking and to whom they are speaking. When I went back to Psalm 7, David was pleading to God when he was accused of treason and treachery. David gives the example of what we need to do when we find ourselves caught up in a mess. Trust God through it. Psalm 7 is about trusting God through the evilness of the enemy. God will deliver us from attacks from the enemy when we stay in relationship from Him. That does not mean He will always remove them right away  because we can learn to trust Him deeper through such attacks. Others may become in relationship with Him through such attacks. Just as David was confident God not only heard his pleas but He would deliver him from the injustice put upon Him, we need to do the same. The last seven verses of Psalm 7 are about the end of the world as we know it on this earth. David speaks of how God will judge through Jesus when He is sent back to earth. That judgment will be the ultimate time where those who are walking in relationship with Him and those not are separated. Wickedness will be judged to the fullest extent. Verses nine and ten read in the New King James Version:

Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,
But establish the just;
For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.
10 My defense is of God,
Who saves the upright in heart.


Yes! He is my Defense! He will save me when judgment comes as I am living in relationship with Him. I want to be known as "the upright in heart." Going back to Isaiah 54:17 I realized Isaiah was telling us evil will not win over God. The enemy tries to tear us apart but when we stand in God's strength, we will be victors in the end. The enemy is not the author of my story. God is. The enemy does not have God's strength. I do. It is only through such a relationship I can sing the words of David in Psalm 7:17...



Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that encourages me so much. Thank You for the knowledge the devil cannot win. Father, may You be greater today than anything he throws at me. May You be seen and heard through my words, actions, and attitude today in a new, different way. I know the only way this can happen is through You cleansing me so You can fill me. Woo hoo! That is where I desire to live. Father, may You put opportunities before me to share You with others. May You open doors that need opened in relationships that You need me to love on people so they will desire to love You. Lord, I pray I will have praises flowing out of me today no matter what occurs. Go before me as I work on my school work and give me Your wisdom. I pray for Doc and I to not give into the pain in our physical bodies but instead to stand in Your strength. Thank You Jesus for writing every chapter of my book. Thank You for knowing the ending. Thank You for being My Author. Amen.







No comments: