Saturday, March 30, 2019

Exodus 3:14 - "Great I Am"


I am mentally and physically exhausted yet here is another day ahead. I so enjoyed Dr. Green's message last night on Moses' call. I was encouraged by his words on how God will never leave us. He will not call us somewhere and leave us on our own but He also will not be a micromanager. When we are standing on holy ground, He desires for us to participate with Him. I loved the mission statement given to us from this Scripture last night....

I came. I heard. I know. I'm coming. You go.

Woo hoo! As we live in His presence, He will be with us. He will provide words when there are no words. He will provide strength when there is no strength left in us. I love these words, "What He has called you to do by grace, He does by nature." Yes! He has called me to be a pastor even though I have a rugged past. When I asked for forgiveness of that past, it was no longer. Praise God! He did not leave me when I walked away. He did not abandon me even though I chose the ways of the enemy for a period of time. Why? Because He loves me and had greater plans for me. When I ask myself who I am, I must remember it is not about who I am but who lives in and with me! My call to ministry is all about Him, not me. I am so grateful for the desire He puts in my heart every day to pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be filled with Him. There is no way I can get through the day ahead on my strength. Instead I will be walking on holy ground in His strength. There needs to not be one word spoken from my lips unless it is from Him. There needs to not be one step taken by me unless He directs it. There needs to not be one door of opportunity given to the enemy through my tiredness because He will be there to empower me through this day. Woo hoo! Thank the Lord for His love, mercy and grace! He did not bring me to this place to fail but rather to flourish. He brought me into His presence to stand on holy ground and that is what I intend to do.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for the strength You will provide in this day ahead. Thank You for doing whatever You desire in me. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me. Thank You for being my Great I Am who loves me so greatly. Lord, go before me today and empower me to be the beacon of light You have called me to be. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Call Me. Amen.

No comments: