Saturday, March 23, 2019

Matthew 7 - "Build My Life"


This morning I have "Build My Life" going through my mind. I love this song. As I sing it, I feel so close to the Lord. I am so grateful to be living with the desire in my heart to do as He pleases. There is no better way to live. There is a part that stirs my heart to love others with His love.

Holy, there is no one like You
There is none beside You
Open up my eyes in wonder
And show me who You are
And fill me with Your heart
And lead me in Your love to those around me


Yes! This is exactly what I desire to do. I want to be so filled with His love no one will doubt He is who I live for. I want His love to ooze out of every word, action, and my attitude. The only way for this to happen is for me to be saved and sanctified. My house must be built upon the Rock. I must not allow the enemy to pull me down into the 'sand' but instead stand firm in Jesus. This morning I am thinking of the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 7. He taught about how we are not to judge others in the beginning of the chapter (vs 1-6). He also encourages us to pray in this chapter. He says we are to ask, seek, and knock for the doors of our prayers to be opened (vs 7-12). He tells the way to heaven is through a narrow gate which many will not go through. We are to watch out for false prophets (vs 15-19) and bear 'good fruit' through our lives. He tells us if we want to spend eternity with Him, we must know Him (vs 21-23). His teaching on how to build our lives is found at the end of the chapter. We are to build them on the Rock and not the sand (vs 24-27). No matter what storms of life come when our 'house' is built on the Rock it will stand firm. That means having a deep faith that is willing to trust God no matter what. It means saying 'yes' when it doesn't make sense. It means making decisions in His will not necessarily what would be done in our flesh. It means not having to understand the 'whys' of life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for encouraging me to live the desires of Your heart for me! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that fills me! Thank You for the way You give me the desires of my heart over and over again. Father, cleanse me this morning so You can fill me with more of You. May You be greater than me. May Your words, actions, and attitude be mine throughout this day no matter what happens. May Your strength be my strength not just physically but most of all spiritually. Father, go before me. Thank You for being My Rock. Amen.

No comments: