Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Jeremiah 29:11 - "Restore"



Today is a day to celebrate many things but the most important one to celebrate is my hubby. I am so grateful God blessed me with him. He encourages and supports me every day. He has never left my side even with all my physical issues. I will never forget the time I went to see my neurologist and he wasn't with me. Before Dr. Berke did one thing he questioned where Doc was, why he wasn't with me, etc. I thought it was kind of strange until he explained the divorce rate at that time when one spouse is diagnosed with MS was a staggering 75 percent. He was concerned for me and did not want me to go into an exasperation due to stress over my marriage. I assured him that was not the issue but Doc could not miss school that day to bring me to my appointment. I can understand marriages being strained due to MS. It is hard to not know if you or your spouse will wake up one morning and not be able to walk; will have tremors; or not have clear vision. Our 'secret' is our faith. We know the Lord's strength is our strength. He is with us on the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. He has been with us through Doc's kidney stones multiple times. He has been with us through not only my MS but also my breast cancer. He has seen us through Doc's second knee replacement being days before my Daddy died. He has seen us through moving over seven hundred miles away from family. I am so grateful He is the Constant in our lives. I was thinking about how we are one as a couple yet we are so different. As we celebrated Doc's birthday with dinner at his favorite restaurant this came to my mind as I ordered mine mild and he ordered his spicy hot. We do a lot of things so differently but the one thing we always do is depend upon God. He is the 'glue' that holds us together even in stressful times. As I reflect on my relationship with God, I think about how I keep going deeper. I get to know Him better every day. I find new ways to love Him and depend upon Him. That is how my relationship with my husband is. I love him more today than yesterday. I desire to find new ways to show him I love him. I do not want him to ever doubt my love just as I do not want God to ever feel like I have left Him. I am so thankful God took us back into His loving arms when we both strayed away. I also am thankful we are both serving Him and know as we walk this road of obedience we are headed to spending eternity with Him. I love looking at pictures of our journey together over the last almost thirty years of marriage. The one I am using today is perhaps one of my favorites because we were going through some tough days with my breast cancer treatments yet we were strong through the Lord's strength. God knew our yesterday and He knows our tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the gift of my husband! Thank You for the way he serves You by loving me! Thank You for the way You are with us on 'good' days and 'bad' days! Father, cleanse us today so You can fill us to overflowing with more of You. As we go throughout this day may our words, actions, and attitude be Yours. Lord, I pray for healing in Doc's body. I pray his day will be pain-free from the kidney stones. Lord, may You be greater in Him than ever before. May You shine brightly through Him and may You give Him Your wisdom on the decisions he has to make. Thank You Jesus for being Our Glue! Amen.

No comments: