Friday, March 22, 2019

Psalm 148 - "Ever Be"


My first thought when I woke this morning was to read Psalm 148. As I read it in different versions I was blessed in abundance with the knowledge I strive to do this every day. There are days I know I do not praise God as much as I should. There are days when I allow how I feel physically to cloud my spiritual being. Shame on me! God is always to be praised! He does not quit loving on me just because I do or do not act in the manner I should. No, instead He pours Himself into me even more. He loves me so much that He forgives me when I don't take an opportunity He puts before me to love on someone. He loves me so much when I fail to praise Him for something He does not hold it against me but instead loves me through it. If I desire to be Christ-like, then I need to have praises on my lips at all time. These words to "Ever Be" are going through my mind this morning...

And You will be praised and you will be praised.
With angels and saints we sing worthy are you, Lord
And it's what I sing Your praise will ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips

Yes! That is what I desire...to "Ever Be" praising God. No matter what my circumstances, I desire to praise Him. No matter how my physical body is feeling, I desire to praise Him. No matter how the finances are, I desire to praise Him. No matter what people do or say to me, I desire to praise Him. No matter how heavy my heart is as I pray for others, I desire to praise Him. Plain and simple. I desire to praise Him. I just need to get better at it. I need to remember the words He brought to me this morning from Psalm 148. He created us to praise Him. He redeemed us to praise Him. He loves on us to praise Him. Verses eleven and twelve in The Message read: 

Earth’s kings and all races,
    leaders and important people,
Robust men and women in their prime,
    and yes, graybeards and little children.

These verses do not say just some people should praise God but all people should praise Him. From the oldest to the youngest should praise Him. Just because we become a certain age it does not mean we should stop praising Him. I remember a few years back of an older lady running the aisles with her hankie at Camp Meeting. She was so excited and allowed the Holy Spirit to take over. In my dream last night, I allowed the Holy Spirit to take over and was so excited as I shared what He gave me with a group of people. I pray that dream comes true. I praise His Holy Name for all He gives me through His Word, dreams, other people, songs, etc. He is so, so good to me. The last verse of Psalm 148 reads...

Praise from all who love God!
    Israel’s children, intimate friends of God.
Hallelujah!

Yes! Glory! Woo hoo! Hallelujah! Let's get this day going with praises on my lips no matter what happens throughout this day!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our time together this morning! Thank You for bringing me to Psalm 148 to remind me of the importance of praising You! I know the enemy does not like when I do so. I desire to keep praises on my lips for You throughout this day. I know the only way that can happen is for a cleansing in my soul so You can fill me with more of You. May it be so. May You be greater than me. May You empower me so I do not miss even one opportunity to show You to others. May You love on me in such a way I will not miss any opportunity You put before me. Woo hoo, God! I am so excited to get this day started. My physical body is saying 'no' but my spiritual body is saying 'bring it on'! May the spiritual body win this battle! Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: