Sunday, March 24, 2019

Psalm 46; Romans 8:31b - "Legacy"



My favorite night of the week is Saturday. The Lord always wakes me to pray for pastors. Before going to sleep I prayed for all pastors who will be in the pulpit today. At 4AM God woke me to pray for those who are no longer pastoring a church. Some have stepped away from pastoring. Some have retired and do pulpit supply. God had me pray for all of them to listen to Him. He had me pray for those who have walked away from the church to not walk away from Him. He told me to pray for some to realize He is using them even though they are no longer pastoring a church. He also had me pray for those like myself who are not a lead pastor to allow Him to shape us into who He desires us to be where He has us. He brought Brother Dan and his team into my prayers as they bring God to so many churches today. Another group of pastors He had me pray for are those with illness themselves and those with family members with an illness. He had me pray for them to rely completely on His strength through the tough days they are going through. Ones like my hubby, Scott, Steve, and my pastor friend with cancer came to my mind. His strength is the only way to live, especially when going through such days. I prayed for PK (pastor's kids) who are growing up in a parsonage to be protected from the hurts that happen when a parent is a pastor. I prayed for pastors and spouses to be careful in what all their children see/hear. I also prayed for some pastors with prodigal children to not give up praying for them. I prayed for my brother-in-law who lost a brother yesterday. The life of a pastor is different in so many ways. The most important way it should be different is that a pastor needs to live 24/7 for the Lord in order to be who God desires of them. Everyone should live like this but it is especially important for a pastor because they are a role model for so many. Yes, we are human but we need to be Christ-like. We need to show people how living in His will gives peace even in the midst of 'C'! We need to live our life in a way where we can say,,,

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I pray people will remember me for God's love that flows from me. I desire people to see a servant's heart when they see me. When Jesus walked this earth, He had a servant's heart. I desire to walk in His example. Therefore, I must trust Him; live with hope in times that seem hopeless; and walk in His peace. These are the words found in Psalm 46. I love verse ten where we are told to "Be still and know that I am God." Being still is not a normal activity for many people but we need to be when He directs us to be. Verse eleven makes me think of...


No matter what is put before us in life, we must stand firm in our faith that God is in control. Sometimes He allows things to happen to see how we will respond. Will we respond in faith and walk into a situation that is scary, unknown, etc.? Will we respond with being still and allowing Him to work in and through us? Will we trust God as things continue to not go 'our way'? The bottom line is God is in control and will love us through all the unknown when we allow Him to. This morning I pray for pastors who are feeling like giving up. I pray they will "Be still" in God's presence and allow Him to work in and through health issues, church issues, building issues..every aspect of their life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors last night and this morning. Lord, You already know the prayers I have sent up but I want to pray again for some who came specifically into my prayers. Doc, Bill, Scott, Steve, my pastor friend with cancer, Raynard, Junior, Mike, Ben, and Rodney. May Your strength be their strength through the situations they are dealing with. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. May it ooze out of me in a different, new way today. I pray people will see/hear You through Brother Dan and his team today. I pray for Craig; Jay & Judy; Hal & Debbi; Terry & Melissa; Dan & Carol; and Rob & Cindy as they allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through them. Father, may all believers find the life where they walk in Your will and in Your love. That will be how more people will come into relationship with You. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness! Amen.

No comments: