Wednesday, March 27, 2019

John 16:33 - "Even Then"


I woke up in the middle of the night with an urgency to pray for those who had loved ones on life support who died when taken off. There have been a few here of late. I cannot imagine all of the emotions associated with such a situation. As I was praying God brought the words to "Even Then" to my mind...

On the nights when the dark last a little bit longer
When the wind and the storm is a little bit stronger
When the fear in my heart dips a little bit deeper
When my faith to stand gets a little bit weaker
Where could I run to?
Where could I go?
Even when it feels like my world is shaken
Even when I've had all that I can take
I know
You never let me go

Yes! He will never let us go. He will always be with us no matter what. There is such strength in that knowledge. There is also empowerment. The enemy does not like when we stand firm in our faith through tough times. He wants to destroy us. We do not have to fear him because our God is greater than anything he throws our way. We do not have to live in his darkness when we have the Light of Jesus to stand in. We do not have to give into the pressure he puts on us because we have God's strength. We must remember...

And even in the middle of a struggle
And even when it's hard to remember
You alone are my defense when
I'm standing on your promises and I know
That even in the thick of the battle
And even through the valley of the shadows
You alone are my defense when
I'm standing on your promises

How can we do this? How can we stand firm in our faith when the world is crumbling around us? How can we be strong when we are beaten down? The Only Way is Jesus. He must be our Focus if we want to stand strong against the evil one. He must be who we live for. He must be allowed not only into our heart but into our whole being. This seems hard to do. Actually, it seems impossible but it is not. Nothing is impossible with Him. He is the Only One who can give empowerment to knock the enemy down. It is only through His strength we can stand firm in our faith through tough days. I am so grateful for that strength. I also am grateful for the way He puts the desires in my heart to allow Him to live in and through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time of praying during the night! My heart breaks for the ones who have been in the situation where decisions had to be made to take their loved one off life support. Father, may You be their Comforter in these tough days. I also pray for Junior, Linda, Shelvey, and Billie as they go through tough days with their loved ones. I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May more believers get to this point in their relationship with You so we all can be who You have called us to be while on this earth. May You be our words, actions, and attitude throughout this day so people will see/hear You instead of us. May You be our Strength to knock the evil one down when he comes knocking at our doors. Father, I also pray for peace about this weekend. I pray for Your strength physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. Sometimes not knowing what to expect is hard. I pray against the enemy having any open doors into the situation. Thank You Jesus for being My Only Way! Amen.


No comments: