Friday, March 15, 2019

II Corinthians 12 - "God of All My Days"



I feel like I don't have the energy to put one foot in front of the other. I am going to blame it on the time change. I have heard a lot of people say they are tired. The weather has been just beautiful this week. Sunshine, cool breeze....just beautiful. I have tried to get out and do some things but feel like I just can't. Yesterday I lasted a half hour and then ended up going in and resting for awhile. I do not like feeling like this but am thankful God gave me a 'quiet' week to rest. This morning as I was waiting to get blood work done He brought the song "God of All My Days" to my mind. He is the God of each and every one of my days. He is the God who knows exactly what I need before I even realize it. He is the God who strengthens me physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. I love the words...

In my worry, God, You are my stillness
In my searching, God, You are my answers
In my blindness, God, You are my vision
In my bondage, God, You are my freedom
In my weakness, God, You are my power
You're the reason that I sing
‘Cause You're the God of all my days


Yes! No matter what is happening or how I am feeling He is still in control. He knows the outcome of every situation. His desire is for me to depend upon Him through anything that comes my way. It is my privilege to do so. It is my privilege to lean into Him and not pull away from Him. He does not cause 'bad' things to happen but He will allow them to happen to draw me deeper into relationship with Him. Paul speaks in II Corinthians 12 about a thorn in his flesh. In verses seven through twelve he speaks about how God will give us grace to get through tough times. Matthew Henry wrote about how praying is what we need to do to get through such times. He wrote:

Prayer is a salve for every sore, a remedy for every malady; and when we are afflicted with thorns in the flesh, we should give ourselves to prayer. If an answer be not given to the first prayer, nor to the second, we are to continue praying. Troubles are sent to teach us to pray; and are continued, to teach us to continue instant in prayer.

Woo hoo! Prayer comes very easy for me. It is a constant in my life. No wonder I can truly say He is a "God of All My Days"! I do not have to fret over being so tired because He is My Strength! I do not have to wonder if this is how I will feel for the rest of my life because He is My Strength! I do not have to be in bondage to this way of life because He is My Strength! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Thank You for nine hours of good rest last night! Thank You for the reminder of Paul's words this morning that You are the "God of All My Days"! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me today! Thank You for all the ways You will show Your strength through me today! Father, go before me and bless me in abundance with more of You. Thank You for the beautiful sunshine but most of all thank You for being the Son who shines down on me! Thank You Jesus for being My Strength and the "God of All My Days"! Amen.

No comments: