Monday, March 18, 2019

II Corinthians 4 - "Your Love Never Fails"


God woke me up in the middle of the night with an urgency to pray for a pastor's wife I am acquainted with but don't really know much about. He told me to pray for her to have peace. After I prayed for her He brought two friends to my mind that I also had been told to pray for peace for unspoken requests they have. Then He brought Carletta into my mind who is going through medical testing; a family whose loved one was taken off of life support yesterday; and many who are dealing with disease. Peace was the theme of my prayers. This morning when I woke up these words were playing through my mind..

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There maybe pain in the night
But joy comes in the
 morning


And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails


Yes! God is always there to love us. He never leaves us. That knowledge gives peace in the midst of the storms of life. It gives peace when we feel like the pain is so deep it will never go away. His love gives hope when we feel like our situation is hopeless. When our physical pain is so deep we feel like we are going to die, He gives strength in a supernatural sense. I have lived through some tough situations and I am thankful my God was with me. The deeper my faith goes, the deeper His peace goes. The more I trust Him, the more I desire to trust Him. When life throws me a curve ball, I am ready to do whatever He desires to still hit a home run. I did not always live like this. For that, I am thankful for His love, mercy, and grace. Paul spoke in II Corinthians 4 about how all we go through on this earth is nothing compared to where we are going if we live for the Lord. Sometimes when we look around we see people who do not seem to have a care in the world and we may become jealous of them. We must remember trials on this earth draw us closer to the Lord. They take our faith deeper. We should rejoice in them not complain about them. That does not seem to make sense but when you think about it that is where true peace happens. In the trials. There will be "joy in the morning" whether that be on this earth or when we are finally in heaven. There is peace with Him. The last few verses of II Corinthians 4 encourage us to not give up no matter what trials we go through. I was thinking about how I pray for peace so often for people. To some that may mean I am praying for their situation to go away but that is not necessarily so. When I pray for peace, I am praying for God's supernatural peace to be evident during whatever is happening. There is a difference. I am grateful for that knowledge. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to pray for others. Thank You for that privilege. Father, I am so grateful when You speak specifically to me in my prayers. Lord, may Your supernatural peace be felt by not only those I prayed for during the night but for all who will accept it. Lord, be with this pastor's wife You brought to my mind during the night along with the many others You brought to my prayers. May Your peace be theirs in the midst of what is happening in their life. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today. Take away any fears the enemy is trying to put upon me. You know them. You are greater than them. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a great way. Thank You Jesus for being My Supernatural Peace! Amen.

No comments: