Saturday, March 2, 2019

Mark 12 - "Bleed The Same"


Yesterday was a day filled with so many emotions. It was exciting to see Matthew and his fellow classmates graduate from the Marine Corp. I enjoyed some time with my friend at the Assisted Living Facility. There was concern for my hubby as he is has intense kidney stone pain. I was grateful for the way the Lord gave me strength for the day. He also gave me wisdom to rest in the evening. At bedtime I received a call about someone who was in an accident and on life support. Throughout the night the Lord woke me to pray three times. I prayed for strength for the family of this one, decisions that may need made, wisdom for the doctors, and most of all for all to feel the Lord's strength throughout the days ahead. I also prayed for the family of the young girl who has not been found from the boating accident last weekend to lean on the Lord for strength. I prayed for others who were on the boat to have people surround them who will share God's love with them and not be tearing them apart with accusations. There are so many hurting people in this world. So many times hurting people hurt people with their words, actions, and/or attitude. God does not desire us to be hurtful; He desires us to be loving. He does not desire us to tear people down but instead to build them up. Yesterday when I was in a store the cashier told the other cashier her shoulder was hurting so bad. After she rang me up I asked if I could pray for her shoulder. When I was done laying hands on her shoulder and praying, she had the sweetest smile on her face. The look of pain was no longer there. What a blessing to show her God's love. Did I have to do that? No. Why did I do it? Because the Holy Spirit prompted me to. I desire to walk in obedience so He can use me to share His love every day. I desire to put smiles on people's face instead of seeing them frown. At the Assisted Living Facility yesterday I spoke to most of the residents. Most of them I patted on the arm or shoulder. Why? Because the Holy Spirit told me many of them do not receive the physical touch and we all need it. I never thought about that before and was touched when He pointed it out to me. We all need one another. Jesus had been teaching about different matters in Mark 12 when He was asked what was the greatest of all He was teaching. His reply came in verse thirty. The Lord God was to be loved. The second commandment was to love your neighbor. He does not define our neighbor as the person we live beside. It is anyone in our little world. The way to love people in the best manner is to love them with His love. We can show His love by caring for people, praying for them, spending time with them, etc. But the most important aspect of loving anyone is by doing it through His love. The words to "Bleed The Same" come to my mind this morning...

Only love can drive out all the darkness
What are we fighting for?
We were made to carry one another
We were made for more!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encouraged me yesterday. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You opened my eyes to opportunities You had for me. Thank You for building me up when I felt like I was physically done. Thank You for giving me wisdom and clarity. Father, I ask for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for anyone who sees or hears me today to know You are who I serve. May Your love ooze out of me in a new, different way. Lord, once again I pray for the ones I prayed for last night. I especially pray for Doc to have wisdom with his pain. May You be greater than his pain. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Love Most! Amen.

No comments: