Saturday, March 31, 2018

Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come To The Table"



I woke up during the night with the words to "Come To The Table" going through my mind. Before I fell back asleep I prayed for people who have never accepted the Lord into their heart to realize the great need to do so. I prayed for people to be around them to share the Gospel with them.

He said come to the table
Come join the sinners who have been redeemed
Take your place beside the Savior
Sit down and be set free
Come to the table

I believe many believers shy away from sharing the Gospel because they think someone else will do it. Do we really want to see our family members, friends, neighbors, etc. go to hell just because we put off what God expects us to do? When we go before Him on the Day of Judgement and are asked why we didn't take opportunities He put before us to share Him with others, what will our response be? What excuse will we give? Do we really want His death on the cross to go in vain just because we are 'too busy,' 'too tired,' 'too scared,' etc? I sure do not but yet I know there are times I miss opportunities He puts before me. Sometimes I get distracted and my focus is not 100% on Him. Afterward when He points it out to me I must repent and ask for another chance. I do not deserve another chance yet He gives it. When I fell away from the Lord, I did not deserve for Him to love me back into His arms yet He did. I did not deserve to have the opportunity to become His faithful servant yet that is exactly what happened. I am so grateful for His love, mercy, and grace. I am grateful the words to this song are so true.

To the thief and to the doubter
To the hero and the coward
To the prisoner and the soldier
To the young and to the older
All who hunger, all who thirst
All the last and all the first
All the paupers and the princes
All who fail you've been forgiven
All who dream and all who suffer
All who loved and lost another
All the chained and all the free
All who follow, all who lead
Anyone who's been let down
All the lost you have been found
All who have been labeled right or wrong
To everyone who hears this song

Yes! We are all welcome to His table. I pray today is the day where people on my unsaved prayer list will come into relationship with Him. I pray there will be people to say YES to Him. I also pray for those who are already in relationship with Him yet are hanging onto 'stuff' to say YES to living a life of holiness. I pray they will get to the end of themselves and realize the junk of this world is not worth it. Being in relationship where you not only hear His voice but walk in obedience is where they will be the most blessed. That way of life is not easy. In fact, many times it is harder but the trials are well worth the closeness with our Heavenly Daddy.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for having an open table for all. Father, may You cleanse me so You can fill me today so I can be more what You desire of me. May You be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. Wherever You lead, may I go and be Your servant. Thank You for open eyes, ears and heart for Your will. May more people realize this way of life is the best way. Thank You Jesus for being My Grace. Amen.


No comments: