Monday, March 5, 2018

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

I went to bed last night praying as I was fretting. I asked the Lord to calm my spirit and He did. This morning when I woke up the first thing on my mind was Proverbs 3:5-6. These verses promise me that when I trust Him and walk in obedience to His will, everything will be OK. That does not mean life will be a bed of roses nor does it mean I will understand all that happens. It means He will be my strength through the tough days. When I do not manipulate things, He will work things out in His time. I need to remember these things. Trust is key. It is easy to tell someone else to trust God but sometimes it is hard to listen to our own advice. The enemy puts doubts and fears in our minds. He brings up the 'what ifs' and the 'it is not possible' when in fact everything is possible when the Lord is in control of your life. He also brought the words to "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" to my mind...

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Yes! I will trust Him with our situation. I will not allow the enemy to put doubt and fear in my spirit. I will go confidently to plead our case with the mortgage company. I will believe God will provide. Jeff hit the nail on the head yesterday when he said the enemy was messing with me. Sheri 's post last night was timely for me. I am grateful for this reminder...


Spiritual warfare is very real in my little world. I always heard if the devil is fighting, you know you are doing God's work. I refuse to give up. He has tried to hurt me physically, mentally, financially, emotionally and spiritually but he has not won yet and he will not win. I refuse. My God is greater than anything he throws my way. Yesterday as we sang "Count Your Blessings" I was overwhelmed with tears. Later Doc asked me what I was crying about but I had no answer. There was anything in particular. I just was overwhelmed with tears to the point I could not sing. I have many blessings to be grateful for. The biggest one is my relationship with God and knowing I can trust Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with many being in church. Thank You for the little one I had for Children's Church. Thank You for the other two little ones in service. Father, You bless in abundance and I am thankful for each blessing You provide. Lord, these attacks are real and they seem to come faster and faster but I refuse to give up. I will "rest in Your embrace...For I am Yours and You are mine." Father, to be able to rest in You I first must be cleansed so there is nothing between us. I then must be filled with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to be strong in You. I am putting on Your full armor as I begin this day. I ask that Your strength, wisdom, and clarity be with me as I go this morning. I also ask for Your armor to be around Doc as he deals with people who need You greatly to be real to them. Thank You Jesus for being The One We Trust. Amen.

No comments: