Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Hebrews 12:4-11 - "Cry In My Heart"



This morning the Lord took me back to Hebrews 12. I love the encouragement this chapter gives. As I read it, I stopped at verses four through eleven. It brought to my mind a conversation I had a few days ago with a lady who questioned God's love. She said something along the lines that she could not understand how God could truly love us when He allowed things to happen to cause us pain. I explained He loves us so much that He allows pain to occur so we will grow in our relationship with Him. It is just like when our earthly parents allow us to make decisions knowing they are not the best but also knowing we will learn from them. Or when they discipline us knowing it will cause pain yet knowing there is a lesson for us to learn through the process. If God nor our earthly parents didn't love us, they wouldn't discipline us. We must embrace discipline and learn from it. I love the last part of this section of Scripture. It reads, "...for it's the well-trained who find themselves mature in their relationship with God." That is where I desire to find myself. Mature in my relationship with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of this Scripture this morning to stay in training with You. Earlier in it Paul wrote about You and how we are to "Study how he did it." You walked in obedience to Your Heavenly Father as an example for all to follow. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your Holy Spirit. I desire to be living out Your will. I also know that means You discipling me. I will embrace Your discipline so I can grow from it. Father, I pray the words I spoke to this one about Your discipline sunk in. Thank You for giving me Your words in this situation. Lord, may more people embrace Your discipline so they can grow in relationship with You. Father, would You give me Your words this morning as I go to visit this one who is ill? Would You ooze out of me in a mighty way? Would You keep my focus on You so I can be a beacon of light throughout this day? Father, I pray You will prepare his heart to be open to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Discipliner. Amen.


No comments: