Saturday, March 3, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "Hard Love"


God sure does have a sense of humor. As I was cleaning up puke at 4AM the words to "Hard Love" went through my mind...

Hold on tight a little longer
What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love

This song was written by Need To Breathe for people to appreciate what happens to strengthen us through the trials of life. The words encourage us to continue on when we don't feel like we can. There have been times over the last twenty months where I was not sure I was going to be able to continue on. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially but I knew spiritually I am right where I am suppose to be so I can continue on. God provides what I need, sometimes even before I need it. He gives me the desires of my heart. He is the reason I can do what I do everyday. He is the reason I put one foot in front of the other to keep moving instead of allowing MS to take over my body. He is the reason I can be so far away from family without being in turmoil. He is the reason the hits from the enemy do not tear me into pieces. Plain and simple, He is the reason. The bass guitarist from Need To Breathe wrote this about this album: "Sometimes life dishes out hurdles faster than I can jump, but in the end the only thing I own that nobody can take away from me is my will to get back up and try again. I am lucky I haven't lost that." I would have to agree with him but I would say I am blessed, not lucky. Luck does not have any part of my life. God does. He is the One to bless me and He does it in abundance. It is going to be a long day with only having five hours of sleep but He is my strength. There was a reason He did not allow me to go back to sleep after being woke up. He is ready for me to spend some time with Him. I know He will provide what I need to not only get through this day but to be His willing servant throughout it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me You are there for me in the 'good times' and the 'bad'! Thank You for being my strength at all times. Thank You for fixing the internet last night so I can write my blog, do my school work, etc. It was pretty cool how You did not allow us to find a new modem because You knew You were going to fix it. When we thought we were 'wasting our time' instead You were giving us that time together. I will admit when I prayed on the way home asking You to 'just fix it' I don't know that I really believed You would. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. May You cleanse me so You can fill me. May You empower me so people will see/hear You through me today. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: