Sunday, March 11, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "His Strength Is Perfect"


The Lord has me praying for difficult people in many pastor's lives. There are so many people who expect their pastor to know everything, do everything they should do and not do anything they shouldn't, have 'perfect' children, have a spouse who does everything expected of them, etc. He has me praying for those who expect too much from their pastor. There are so many bi-vocational pastors these days. That adds onto the stress even more so. Many people in congregations today will voice their dislike toward their pastor that is totally without reason. There will be many pastors today leave after the service ready to give up. It is sad the respect once shown to pastors has gone by the wayside. Today I am praying for pastors to be renewed in their spirit and filled to overflowing with more of the Holy Spirit. It is only through His strength a pastor can be who He has called them to be. This week in my one lecture I read about how pastors today need to think of themselves as missionaries instead of pastors. I remember when we were leaving to come to South Carolina Doc said we were being called to a new mission field and we would be like missionaries here. When I think of missionaries, I think of people going into a foreign land to present the Gospel. This is much like a foreign land for us in that it is a different culture. Even though we did not have to learn a new language we are still learning the culture. God brought us here to be a beacon of light in this area. The harvest field is full and many need to hear about the love of Christ. I pray we will get better at doing what He has called us to do in our little world.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for bringing us to Beaufort. Thank You for opening doors to be You to so many people. Thank You for giving us strength to get through tough days as we continue to adjust to Doc being bi-vocational. Lord, I pray for pastors who will walk into a pulpit for their last time to realize You are their strength. I pray for those who will walk into opposition today to realize the same. Father, encourage pastors to be who You desire them to be instead of trying to please people. May more pastors walk in obedience to Your will and ways today as they do deeper in their relationship with You. May Your strength be their strength. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for the same for my husband and all pastors. I also pray for people who will be sitting congregations today to be filled with more of You so they can have open eyes to what You have called their pastor to be. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: