Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Matthew 22:36-40 - "Made To Worship"



I went to bed last night praying for a couple selfish things. I asked God to forgive me and He made me realize asking Him for the desires of our heart does not mean we are selfish. When we live life knowing whatever happens in life is His decision, it does not hurt to voice to Him what we want. He already knows the desires of our heart. When the desires of our heart align with His, they will happen. If they are not in His plan, the only way they will happen is if we choose to not walk in obedience to Him and manipulate things to go our way. When I woke up this morning after only six hours of sleep, I was not a happy camper. I need more than six hours to function. But right away the Lord gave me a song and a word so I knew six hours was what He desired of me to have. The words to "Made To Worship" say it all...

You and I were made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
You and I will see who we were meant to be


As we worship Him, love with His love, accept the freedom of forgiveness, embrace a lifestyle of surrender, and believe in Him, we will walk in obedience to being who He desires us to be. That is the best way of living. Yesterday as I did my 'man on the street' interviews for my school project I was made more aware of who He desires me to be. He does not desire me to stay in the four ways of my home but instead desires me to be out talking with people about Him. The desire of His heart is for people to see His love through me. He does not continue to give me the capability to walk on my own for no reason. I am called to spread the Gospel and need to get better at it. I need to get better at being an instrument of love and peace for Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for waking me early to spend time with You. Thank You for opening my eyes to what I need to get better at doing. Father, You are so awesome in the way You work in and through me. May You continue to cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May You give boldness to me when I hold back. May Your love pour out on me in a different, new way. Use me to be a beacon of light in my little world. This morning I am praying for those going through tough times. I pray for not only physical, mental, emotional and financial healing but most of all spiritual healing. I pray for those who lost loved ones to feel Your peace. I pray for Doc to be a beacon of light in his workplace today and to be spiritually strengthened in the process. Lord, may today be the day we hear something from the architect. If it isn't, continue to encourage us in this process. Thank You Jesus for being My Lifestyle. Amen.

No comments: