Monday, March 26, 2018

Ephesians 6, 1:13-14; II Corinthians 5:21; II Timothy 1:12; Deuteronomy 31:8, 532-33; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Battles"

A night of little sleep makes for a tough day but it also makes for more opportunities to pray. I normally pray for others but last night as I heard my husband walking around and I had already been awake multiple times I knew I needed to pray for ourselves. This attack is fierce and just won't let go. On one hand, I am thankful to know the enemy does not like the strides we are making in God's Kingdom but on the other hand we are so worn down. I prayed the Ephesians 6 Armor of God over us from the tip of our head to the tip of our toes.
  • helmet of salvation...I prayed for His salvation to continue to protect our minds. I asked Him to put a wall of protection around our minds as we continue to fight off the enemy. I am reminded of Ephesians 1:13-14 where we are told we "...were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit..." May the enemy see this and flee. 
  • breastplate of righteousness...I prayed for protection over our hearts. II Corinthians 5:21 tells us the righteousness that guards our hearts is His. I prayed we would stay on this walk of obedience without falling.
  • shield of faith...I prayed for our faith to grow stronger instead of weakening. II Timothy 1:12 gives me hope to press on. "...for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me."
  • belt of truth...I prayed for this to keep us on the right path. I prayed we would not listen to the lies of satan but instead stay sold out to God.
  • sword of the spirit...I prayed for both of us to stay in His Word so we can use it in our offense to these attacks. May His empowerment come through both His written word and His spoken word to us.
  • footwear of the Gospel...God has called us here for a purpose. I prayed we will continue with the task He has put before us.
  • prayer...without communication with God I would be lost. I prayed for Him to enable us to keep those lines open at all times.
He could stop these attacks at any time yet He has not yet done so. He has a reason and we do not have to know what that is but we do have to continue walking in obedience to Him. This morning He gave me Deuteronomy 31:8 to hold close to my heart throughout this day.


The next time I woke up I thought about the 'dark times' we have been through that Doc talked about in his sermon. There have been many over the last twenty-eight years of our marriage but it seems many have occurred in the last few. I then started praying for people who are going through 'dark times' right now...may they know His love and peace...
  • Jeremy's family with the hearing today for the man who caused the accident Jeremy was killed in.
  • A family with a mother and daughter both awaiting biopsies.
  • An thirty-seven year old alcoholic and his family who has both great physical and spiritual needs. 
  • Charlie who woke up Saturday to find his dear wife Laura had passed during the night.
  • A family in turmoil who need God to intervene so restoration can occur.
  • A woman who needs protection...physically, mentally, and emotionally.
  • A woman who needs to seek the Lord for His direction in her marriage.
There are so many hurting people in this world. Some are due to decisions they have made while others are hurting from decisions others have made. Some know the Lord while others do not. I prayed during the night for those who need to ask Him into their heart to have someone speak Life to them. I also prayed for more believers to get to the end of themselves and allow God full control. I prayed for believers who are going through attacks from the enemy to stay strong in their faith and trust God to get them through. I thought of what Doc said at the end of the sermon yesterday, "It all comes down to have a faith that trusts." Proverbs 3:5-6 reads, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean on on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." 

After praying during the night He reminded me of the greatest commandment He gave to all of us. We are to love Him, our neighbor, and ourselves. I did not quite know why He gave me these but as I pondered upon it I realized we must continue to love Him with all we are. As we do, His love will shine through to all we meet. He then gave me Deuteronomy 5:32-33 to hold close to...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Strength in times of attack by the enemy. Thank You for loving us so greatly that You never leave us. Father, cleanse me today of anything not of You so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray rest for Doc today. I pray for a filling in his physical, mental, emotional and most of all spiritual tank. I pray the same for those going through 'dark times' right now. Lord, may Your love ooze out of all believers today that will make a difference in people's lives. May Your love be what brings people to their knees for salvation today. May Your love be what opens people's eyes to walking a life of obedience. May Your love be the soothing balm on the hurts of many lives today. Thank You Jesus for being My Armor of Protection. Amen.

No comments: