Saturday, March 17, 2018

James 1:2-4 "Old Church Choir"


Last night after laying awake for a long time I asked the Lord if there was someone I was to pray for. He had me pray for two pastors for 'wisdom' and then had me share it with them. I remember a few years ago I would have fretted over telling someone what the Lord had me pray for them. I am so thankful those days are over. I am grateful for the way He has me walking in obedience to His will. After I prayed for them He had me pray for a young man whose wife left him. He was raised in the church but has been away from God for several years. God used this trying time in his life to speak to Him. I prayed he would take the questions he has and turn them into a relationship with God. I prayed for there to be loving believers to go beside him and love on him with Jesus' love. He then had me pray for many who are pregnant or just given birth.

  • the young mother in her last days of pregnancy
  • the mother who just found out she is having a girl
  • the mother with a high risk pregnancy who is nearing the end of the first trimester
  • the mother who had her third about six weeks ago
  • Emily with Baby Weston
  • the woman who continues to try to have a baby but it has not been God's time
  • the couple awaiting the birth of their third one and another couple awaiting the birth of their 'surprise' next month
So many people were brought to my mind to pray for. After I prayed and felt like I was done praying I still could not go to sleep. I prayed for the Lord to give me sleep but it still did not happen. I once again asked Him to take care of my medication issue. I don't understand why there seems to be adversity in almost every area of our life. Yesterday when Doc was in pain he commented how it seemed like there was always an issue in his physical body. I don't understand but I do know the attacks are real. I thought of James 1:2-4 and prayed for God to continue to strengthen us and to enable us to keep our joy. I then thought of the words of my classmate yesterday...

"We need people to help us keep the enemy at bay. I heard a sermon the other day and the pastor said that when Satan gets you one on one he has got you. He starts whispering things in your ear that cause self-doubt, anger, jealousy, etc. When we have Jesus and our community of faith we are able to fight off Satan's whispers."

I am grateful for people who pray for us and encourage us. There are times I get to the point of not knowing how to pray but that's OK. God doesn't need our words. He just needs our love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for so many last night. I pray my prayers will be blessed. I also pray for physical strength today as I am functioning on less than five hours of sleep. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray there will be no distractions today that will make me miss what You desire of me. Keep my focus intently on You so I will see what You desire of me. I pray for open doors with my words, actions and attitude today. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: