Saturday, March 24, 2018

Matthew 6:6, 7:7; Colossians 3:23; Philippians 4:13; I Thessalonians 5:17 - "Jesus Loves Me"

When the Lord woke me up at 3AM to pray for a specific pastor, my first thought was "is it Saturday night?" It seems like every Saturday night He has me pray for pastors. I'm not sure why but this particular pastor is one He has me pray for frequently. I am not in his little world so I do not know what is happening with him but I do know God desires me to pray for him so I do. Last night was not anything specific other than for him to remember God loves him greatly. That seems kind of silly to pray for a believer but yet as I think about praying for a pastor I understand the discouragement that comes with ministering. There are times where you feel like you just can't do anything right. It is then we must remember the words of Paul in Colossians 3:23. There are times we feel like we can't go on physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and sometimes even spiritually. That is when we must remember the words of Paul in Philippians 4:13. There are times where it seems like no matter how hard we try to accomplish things; no matter how patient we are; no matter how we strive to walk in obedience...there are still closed doors. We need to remember the things He wants accomplished will be done in His time. Most of all we need to remember Jesus' words in the book of Matthew...


When we lead a Matthew 6:6 life, we will also have a Matthew 7:7 life. Prayer is key to walking in obedience to Him. It is key in knowing what He desires of us. Prayer is the ultimate communication needed in everyone's life. Without it, there is no communication with our Heavenly Father. It cannot be just when you need something but it needs to be continual. Paul tells us in I Thessalonians 5:17 to "pray continually." He also tells us to rejoice and to give thanks to the Lord. That is all a part of pray. We cannot just ask, ask, ask but instead need to give him our thanks and listen for His response to our petitions. There is no better place than to be in communion with my Heavenly Daddy. He encourages me, He shows His love to me, He gives me direction...He communicates with me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for this pastor last night. Oh how I pray He feels Your love in abundance throughout this day. I pray for those who are struggling to feel Your love in a different, new way. I pray for blessings upon Your people who strive to walk in obedience to You. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. I pray for an abundance of physical strength for Doc today. I pray for You to be so very real to him throughout this day. I also pray for the three ladies awaiting biopsy results to have Your peace, no matter what the outcome. Thank You Jesus for being My Communicator. Amen.

No comments: